2020 Honda Mokey 125cc battery any good

34eepTvxS3Syk567UOMNkg.jpg

My almost 4 1/2 year old battery on my Honda Monkey died yesterday. I searched high and low and couldn't find one for a decent price in my area. I kept it on a battery tender when not in use therefore I obtained a pretty decent life out of it. I bought a new one for $19 and it will be delivered today. I made a mistake and bought a 3.0AH battery instead of a 3.7AH battery. The CCA is 80 on the new one instead of 65 (which is what the original battery had). Will this work ok or should I return it to Amazon and get the 3.7AH battery?

Hard to beat Yuasa. There is a good reason they are spendy. I have one made in July 2004 still going at around 75%. A tender is your friend in the off season.

Paco

Hard to beat Yuasa. There is a good reason they are spendy. I have one made in July 2004 still going at around 75%. A tender is your friend in the off season.
+1
Like OP, most folks dno't realize how important a tender is (during the off season).
I have a battery on my BMW that's almost 10 years old. Also starts without a hitch.

Can't you just wind a rubber band around the rear wheel so all you have to do to start it is to back up a bit when you park? ;)

Kidding aside, considering it's fairly new, and the battery so small to decrease conversion cost, I would look into converting it to LiFePO4, and not have to bother with replacement or a battery tender for a long time.

Last edited:
Back