2019 Tundra ATF.... Burned?

I find it interesting that many people are so meticulous about maintenance.....spending money on high dollar, designer fluids, charting each service religiously on wipe boards in the garage, fretting over every detail.

But then when it comes to transmission....."eh f**k it. It's a lifetime fluid".

Always baffles me. But then again, I'm a clean fluid guy. I like ALL of them fresh.

No transmission is "sealed". They either have a dipstick on they don't. And most manufacturers state in the manual that the fluid "doesn't need changing under "normal" driving circumstances". They don't actually say NEVER change it.

There's so much misinformation out there about transmission services. Plus folklore seems to have made them such an enigma. Each manufacturer has their own little idiosyncrasies that are required for proper fluid changes. But these days YouTube solves those mysteries.

Old fluid out....new fluid in. Ain’t rocket science

Look toyota doesn’t want you touching the ATF is a fill for life unit . Trust what manufacturers are telling us please 😐😕
Fluid runs a 260f, leave it alone? No way. That needs to be changed and a cooler installed that will keep it from those temps.

My elantra is a filled for life trans, its been dumped twice. ;)

Back