2019 Scat Pack / Oil Interval

Car is not a daily and have owned her since new. It's a 2019 and has 10k on it. Usually a weekend car. I've always gone per the manual every 6 months for oil. I guess now that I'm older and lazier it just seems overkill but I do it anyways.
I figure Dodge/Stellantis/FCA/(whatever there called now) and certainly there SRT division know better than me.. But thoughts? I have other cars where I don't feel bad doing it once a year (K24 4 popper) can the oil degrade that much in 6 months or...anyone know the approach here? Cars using Pennzoil OEM Spec
1000007164.jpg

Last edited:
The oil won't degrade while sitting in the engine. The 6-month requirement exists to account for vehicles that are short-tripped with a cold engine on a regular basis, since it forces an oil change at lower mileage on these vehicles.

If this is a weekend car that spends most of its time at full operating temperature, a 1-year/2k mile OCI is more than often enough.

I've owned 4x 6.4's at this point starting with a 2014 Charger SRT8. I could never bring myself to pay for what I feel is a pretty neutered 0W-40 compared to the one it replaced (M1 Euro 0W-40), essentially being an overpriced API SN 5W-30 in drag. I'm now using @High Performance Lubricants Super Car 0W-40 in my SRT Grand Cherokee, but previously was using Ravenol SSL 0W-40 and before that both Castrol Euro 0W-40 and Mobil1 FS 0W-40. All oils designed as full-SAPS LL-01/A40/229.5/502 00 ...etc approval levels.

I ignore the time limitation and just change by the OLM.

Do you have extended warranty? If so OCI need to be kept up for any warranty issues. No warranty. Do what makes you all warm and fuzzy.

Back