2019 Nissan Sentra

Funny part is I have 127000 miles on this car now.
Only issue I have had with it is having to replace my PCV valve.

I have changed transmission fluid 2 times
2 sets of front brakes and 1 set of rotors
2 sets of tires
changed out the coolant
changed spark plugs
3 Air filters
changed out the drive belt
had to get the AC recharged and wasn't leaking during a pressure test.
Since the slave cylinder for the clutch shares the break reservoir
I change the brake fluid out every 3 oil changes just by sucking it out with a
Transfer pump.

The 2016 owners manual permitted the use of 5w30, so I'd see no problem in unsing it.
View attachment 40927
I have the same car mated to a CVT. I switched over to 5w30 because I noticed my spirited driving was consuming a tiny bit of oil (I think).

Motor is running smoother, and have noticed any real difference in fuel economy. Maybe over the lifetime of the car you might. Been using Valvoline EP for the moly

Jcornwell101

I have the same car you have, a 2019 Nissan Sentra S 6 speed manual transmission I purchased new in 2020 and it now has approx 7500 miles on it. I have engine noise after my car has reached full operating temperature. I think the noise might be normal but I don't know anyone else that has the same car as I do so I'm not sure. Would you mind checking your car and responding back to me with the results on this forum? To test your car let the engine reach full operating temperature then let it warm up at least an additional 10 minutes. Put the parking brake on and turn off the AC, Fan and Radio and put transmission in neutral then take foot off of the clutch. In neutral bring engine to 2000 to 2400 RPM and hold it steady at a constant RPM and you can hear the noise a definite lite knocking or tapping or chatter and you can vary the RPM up and down within 2000 to 2400 RPM and also hear it. I do not hear the noise when driving the car except occasionally a little between shifting gears at slow speed when road noise is low. I also do not hear the noise until at least 10 minutes after the engine has reached full operating temperature. If your car has the same noise then I might conclude that the noise is normal. If not I might need to take my car to my Nissan Dealership for possible warranty work. It sounds to me like timing chain slack noise but I'm not sure. Please let me know your outcome on this post, after you check your car. Also, can you let me know what Oil and Filter you are using...I changed my oil at 4000 miles with Quaker State Ultimate Durablilty Full Synthetic 0W20 with an OEM Nissan Oil Filter. Thanks for your help.
I have the same noise. Nissan didn't note anything, but my suspicion is spark knock. Owner's manual oddly stated premium is recommended

I’ve been running Castrol Magnatec 0W-20 in my daughters, changed at 5,000 miles. It doesn’t use a drop between OCIs.
How many kids do you have? The one with the Castrol Magnatec is not listed in your Signature.

Mine-18 Silverado LT Z71 5.3L, PP 0W-20
Wife-21 XT6 Premium Luxury 3.6L, PP 5W-30
Kid-19 Sentra SV 1.8L, PP 0W-20
Kid-18 Sportage LX 2.4L, ST HM 10W-30

My 2019 Rogue darkens oil only 2nd worst to any car I have ever owned (worst being an EcoBoost F150).

I change every 5k with 0w-20 because of warranty. It uses a very small amount of oil only after a highway run near then end of the 5000 miles. I’ll bump up to 5w-30 after the warranty is up.

My 95 Jeep YJ with excessive blow by stays clean for much longer than the engine in my Rogue.

How many kids do you have? The one with the Castrol Magnatec is not listed in your Signature.

Mine-18 Silverado LT Z71 5.3L, PP 0W-20
Wife-21 XT6 Premium Luxury 3.6L, PP 5W-30
Kid-19 Sentra SV 1.8L, PP 0W-20
Kid-18 Sportage LX 2.4L, ST HM 10W-30
I’m running the Pennzoil Platinum in her car now.

Nissan recommends 0w20 for the 400hp TTV6 Zed

Surely the Sentra would not be pushing the limits of almost any 0w20 out there?

I have the same car mated to a CVT. I switched over to 5w30 because I noticed my spirited driving was consuming a tiny bit of oil (I think).

Motor is running smoother, and have noticed any real difference in fuel economy. Maybe over the lifetime of the car you might. Been using Valvoline EP for the moly
What have you been using for oil Grade and oil Filters? Nissan has had issues in the past with its N.A.. Filter suppliers. I had a Versa Note for a bit with the 1.6.

What have you been using for oil Grade and oil Filters? Nissan has had issues in the past with its N.A.. Filter suppliers. I had a Versa Note for a bit with the 1.6.
Had used Castrol Edge black 0w20 with TG6607 since free dealer services were gone for about 20k miles.

Settled on Valvoline EP now, last service was 0w20 and am currently running 5w30. Like I said, minimal improvement on NVH and no noticeable loss on MPG. Using Fram's FE7317 for now, but I will likely go to TG6607/7317 and whatever name brand synthetic 5w30 is on sale now that I'm not the primary driver of my car anymore.

OEM Nissan stuff has never impressed me like Denso has for Toyota.

Back