2019 Husqvarna FS450 Supermoto, HPL (High Performance Lubricants) 15w50 RACE UOA

As the AMA Supermoto National rapidly approaches I have been spending quite a bit of time on the track for development & race simulations in preparation. Hours on oil are the same as my previous sample @ 4 (Mystik HEDO / see my previous posts), as well as the conditions which were 95% race simulation (high ambient air temps, race pace, high rpm, etc). This oil was worked hard, held up extremely well stayed in grade & had an outstanding flash point. This is their motorcycle specific formulated oil not a HEDO. Lead is high again, even though we have since changed to a fuel cut off for rev limitation vs. ignition. No fuel dilution, however I still believe this lead value is due to the nature of the race fuel. We will be putting in a new & modified higher output motor that should put us in the 70 @ the rear wheel range & I will sample this oil again under the same conditions w/ this new motor. Oh I almost forgot, silicone is 2x what it was before but when taking the sample I had failed to wipe down the frame rail next to the drain plug. Im confident it was the dirt from this mistake on my part & did note it to the lab when submitting the sample.

Attachments

• 19 HUSQVARNA-200914 copy.pdf
    62.3 KB · Views: 242
holy face palms batman
they make an issue of 9ppm silicon? i have very few reports that are as low as 9.

copper and tin make what? yes that is a question ... so you can learn.

flash of 430 means there is zip nada no fuel in that uoa ... very nice!
77.3 susvis is very nice!

your aluminum is VERY low ... do you not know what the left lever is for?
i would expect you alum to be as much or more than iron and its half!
70hp...but whats the torque? measured on what kinda dyno?
at 31hrs what clutch pack are you on?
no slipper clutch?

exactly what fuel are you using?
ive never seen numbers that high and ive run leaded fuel

never do a tbn on an oil thats in for just 4hrs...waste of money

steve

And Blackstone called it an FS250... o_O

yeah i didnt want to point out that glaring typo

which if they mess up that...what else do they mess up?
oh wait...ive commented on their screwups in other tests as well! to many times to count actually!

I really don't understand why people still use Blackstone. They're overpriced, charge extra for TBN, regularly read low, and have mess ups in comments quite frequently. It's comical when an oil comes back sheared out of grade, TBN at
Good report though. You've got an awesome oil in that engine. What fuel does Supermoto use? I'm not too familiar with them.

I have been running Amsoil 20w/50 in both my track supermoto and my mx bike.

I just had the supermoto engine rebuilt after several years of use. The engine builder was shocked at how little wear on the Internals and how clean the inside of the engine was.

I did a bunch of UOAs years ago when we were track daying 2 gixxer 1000 and 600. Amsoil and maxima came out on top.

Thats alot of Lead, too much, way more than needed for any value in a 4 hour period , thats more than you need in a 1000 hours period. Its like taking a whole bottle of vitamins in 1 day.

your going to end up getting your stomach pumped , in your bikes case, globs of lead all over the head in the combustion chamber.

So, ZPPDPB instead of moly?
Thanks for sharing.
I wonder if you could just swap filters and keep going.

Back