2019 Honda Insight

Traded the Charger on a brand new never owned 2019 Honda Insight with 50 miles on it. They were offering Lifetime Powertrain and unlimited miles for all their leftover 2019s at this Honda dealer. I added lifetime wrap coverage the basically covers most everything else the Powertrain doesn’t cover for $84. (Yes I’m aware they lowered the interest or changed pricing a bit so that’s all the more I pay buy I paid more than that for it)

anyway I was wondering what I should do for oil changes and such. Part of me want to change oil and filter every 5k miles to avoid problems. Partof me says the cheapest oil that meets the spec and follow the maintenance minder since everything is supposedly covered.

I know Honda’s have been known for fuel dilution but I read somewhere this engine is port injected. I’m hopeful it is to prevent future issues. I know a lot of people that have Honda’s with 200-400k miles on them. After the issues we have had this year I’m skeptical about any brand.

Any thoughts or opinions? Also anyone know what oil is FF? I saw one thread that said 0w20 Syn Blend from Conico Philips and on thread that said full syn from Mobil 1. I already have over 6 Gllons of 0W20 Full Syn NAPA from previous vehicles. So I intent to use that. It’s SN+ rated oil if that helps.

Factory fill I would imagine is Honda Idemitsu 0W-20, if your oil will not run you afoul of the warranty that would likely last you a long time.

Factory fill I would imagine is Honda Idemitsu 0W-20, if your oil will not run you afoul of the warranty that would likely last you a long time.

The book says API SAE 0W-20 it doesn’t even specify SN or SN+ or anything like that

Any major brand of 0w20 will run fine. You will be hard pressed to find any oil that is not SN+ or SP now.

Congrats on the new Honda -- which engine package? Sounds like your set and good to go for a long time ahead with your stash of Napa 0W20 full synthetic.

Congrats on the new Honda -- which engine package? Sounds like your set and good to go for a long time ahead with your stash of Napa 0W20 full synthetic.

only one choice for the Insight it’s a 1.5L I4 Atkinson Cycle it holds 3.5 quarts with filter

You better read the fine print of your lifetime powertrain warranty if that coverage is important to you. More than likely it requires periodic oil changes to be performed by your dealer. It's the usual gotcha.

Back