2018 VW Golf Sportwagen Liquimoly DSG fluid 97K ODO/23K change interval

TiGeo

$50 site donor 2024
Third DSG change on the Sportwagen. Shorter change interval this time with increasing track usage; Liquimoly DSG fluid out/in w/OE-equivalent filter. I get my kits from FCP so this is my second one so free using Lifetime Replacement Guarantee. Seeing the impacts of track use with the up-tick in aluminum and iron (per 1K miles) and drop in viscosity but did see lower TAN this go around. Transmission shifts perfectly. I always do a full battery of the basic settings/resets when I do the service. I use the factory bottom-fil method. I’ll likely just start doing this once/year it’s easy enough to do and free.

R74488 (1)-page-001.jpg
Capture.JPG
Capture2.JPG

i have used FPC myself + was pleased! nothing but manuals for me. on another note check engine masters for an article on eathanol + i forgot to check the flex fuel pump for advertised octane! you are surely on top of things as you gotta pay to play + many complain of issues BUT dont upgrade the upkeep with harder use! my 2001 TT only holds 4.25 qts of engine oil so kit gets the good stuff $$ real synthetic fluids!!

i have used FPC myself + was pleased! nothing but manuals for me. on another note check engine masters for an article on eathanol + i forgot to check the flex fuel pump for advertised octane! you are surely on top of things as you gotta pay to play + many complain of issues BUT dont upgrade the upkeep with harder use! my 2001 TT only holds 4.25 qts of engine oil so kit gets the good stuff $$ real synthetic fluids!!
What is the issue with ethanol?

Back