2018 Honda Civic block heater

I am being tasked with changing out a block heater on a 2018 Civic 2.0 non turbo except I can't find any listing specific for that car, I'm finding some overlap in the fact it looks like its Hondas standard 28mm threaded block heater but I don't want to buy a Temro 3100006 and find out after I've dumped all the coolant there is something amiss. The genuine Honda parts the pictures all look identical I'm assuming differing part numbers mean different cord lengths. I'm ok buying a heater with any length cord as I can work around that.

Has anyone installed one on a 2016+ Civic 2.0 or 1.5 give any insight?

I went for the official Honda one for my HR-V. I remember reading some reviews of the Temro and some other brands failing.

It seems reliable, was made in Canada.

Here is the part number for the 2018 civic 2.0 (ask dealer parts dept to confirm):
Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 7.30.44 PM.png

I went for the official Honda one for my HR-V. I remember reading some reviews of the Temro and some other brands failing.

It seems reliable, was made in Canada.

Here is the part number for the 2018 civic 2.0 (ask dealer parts dept to confirm):
View attachment 129816
This cars only 4 years old and the OEM one failed so I'm not sold on the OE parts reliability, I'll call the dealer and compare pricing, what I want to know is does the temro one fit? its not listed however it seems all the Hondas use M28 threaded heaters and this one is too.

OP, you say M28... but what thread pitch? Of course metric threading is described like M28 1.5 or M28 1.25 or M28 1.0, the latter number being the mm between thread peaks (not # of threads per cm)

Back