2018 CRV 28.4k; M1 EP 0W20 4.3k

High wear metals for a Honda. I’d definitely choose a different oil.
Fortunately, not significantly higher than average. PPM per 1000 mi:
Al: 2.31 Universal Avg: 1.35
Fe: 3.47 Universal Avg: 2.88
Cu: 0.69 Universal Avg: 0.38

With the exception of Al, all are lower than the previous OCI, which had much less fuel dilution. In fact, I believe the increased fuel dilution on this OCI is directly related to the increased Al.

Fortunately, not significantly higher than average. PPM per 1000 mi:
Al: 2.31 Universal Avg: 1.35
Fe: 3.47 Universal Avg: 2.88
Cu: 0.69 Universal Avg: 0.38

With the exception of Al, all are lower than the previous OCI, which had much less fuel dilution. In fact, I believe the increased fuel dilution on this OCI is directly related to the increased Al.
Sweet deal!👍

My '16 Civic Coupe Touring 1.5T in white, beautiful car Son has it now, we've run Edge 0/40 last six yrs. then when it pops up over the full mark we draw down a qt. and bring it back up with fresh..had a 8k UOA with this method BS recommended bumping to 10k OCI. 81k odo, simple.

Son went to dealer today had the ATF dump/fill and again refused the dilution software recall, just not willing to give up peak power, the dilution issue is easily resolved once understood.

Son went to dealer today had the ATF dump/fill and again refused the dilution software recall, just not willing to give up peak power, the dilution issue is easily resolved once understood.
Interesting comment. So the software fix has an impact on peak power? that seems... odd. Enrichment at WOT wouldn't be the main driver of dilution, it would be start-up enrichment and low-medium load tooling around with the engine at low temperatures. Is this mentioned in the TSB from Honda?

I was going to drop this in the "5W30 in a Honda" thread, but I see it's been locked due to bickering. :rolleyes:

This is a little chart I made up for my 2018 CR-V that lists some oils and their viscosities that I feel might help me make a choice when it's time for an oil change. I picked a viscosity cut-off of 10.0 for cold weather and higher for warm weather. I stuck with brands I liked or felt comfortable with (no conventional or blends or cheapo brands). No need to bicker over the accuracy of this, it's my personal list for me that I'm sharing in case it's useful to anyone else. Please don't get this thread locked! :LOL:

CRV Oil Picks.jpg

I was going to drop this in the "5W30 in a Honda" thread, but I see it's been locked due to bickering. :rolleyes:

This is a little chart I made up for my 2018 CR-V that lists some oils and their viscosities that I feel might help me make a choice when it's time for an oil change. I picked a viscosity cut-off of 10.0 for cold weather and higher for warm weather. I stuck with brands I liked or felt comfortable with (no conventional or blends or cheapo brands). No need to bicker over the accuracy of this, it's my personal list for me that I'm sharing in case it's useful to anyone else. Please don't get this thread locked! :LOL:

View attachment 95838

I think that Mobil 1 ESP 0w30 would be a great oil to consider using year round in your engine and it's fairly easy to be had now that AAP and Walmart is selling it in many of their stores.

I think that Mobil 1 ESP 0w30 would be a great oil to consider using year round in your engine and it's fairly easy to be had now that AAP and Walmart is selling it in many of their stores.
Thanks! The key is if it's easy to find and at a competitive price. I added it to my chart. :)

Back