2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia - 1yr/17k mile Review

Originally Posted by pandus13
Originally Posted by MCompact
Originally Posted by SteveSRT8

Exactly. Dull anodyne travel pods are not for me. Thank goodness we have choices. I smile every time I get in my sig car and fire up that 6.1 with its awesome "whoop"....

Be careful my friend, you are tempting fate; you might wind up on the receiving end of an arrogant and pious(appropriately enough) lecture- much like the one you received back in 2014.

Oh come on....

What did I miss???

LOL, how did I miss that gem?

^^

I prefer to place my big $$ in Real-Estate rentals, you know...investments that will pay me for the rest of my life. Go ahead and buy the beautiful money pits (yes they are money pits)...I need people to rent from me. Glad you guy the Jeeps, the Alfas, the Coopers...Those who think Toyotas are just "appliances" have never drove a Lexus, or high end Toyota...they have drank the delusion of "soul", "pretty", "work of art" and other trappings that pull them in, even as their finances suffer.

Originally Posted by lovcom
^^

I prefer to place my big $$ in Real-Estate rentals, you know...investments that will pay me for the rest of my life. Go ahead and buy the beautiful money pits (yes they are money pits)...I need people to rent from me. Glad you guy the Jeeps, the Alfas, the Coopers...Those who think Toyotas are just "appliances" have never drove a Lexus, or high end Toyota...they have drank the delusion of "soul", "pretty", "work of art" and other trappings that pull them in, even as their finances suffer.

Your mistake is assuming that people can't both invest and buy the cars that they want. It's both arrogant and ignorant, and leads me to believe that you're not doing as well as you think you are.

Toyota and Lexus are soulless anodyne appliances - I don't care what badge is on the front or how much you pay. They're the safe, bland, boring, vanilla alternative to their contemporaries - even when compared to Honda.

The only two interesting cars from "Toyota" in the past 20 years are actually a BMW and a Subaru.

^^

I retired at 51 with no consumer debt. I wish I had consulted you before I made all those poor financial decisions.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW

Your mistake is assuming that people can't both invest and buy the cars that they want. It's both arrogant and ignorant, and leads me to believe that you're not doing as well as you think you are.

I don't know about you, but I have never felt compelled to comment in topics concerning cars that I would never consider owning. If only the BITOG Automotive Hair Shirt Brigade felt the same way. As for me, to paraphrase David E. Davis Jr., life is too short to discuss boring cars.

^^

I did RE work and projects with 2 sedans, a hyuindai elantra and a Toyota Yaris.
Right now I have 2 wagons because of versatility. The Toyota Prius v (versatile Wagon) was way more expensive used than what I bought.

I think in the end, paraphrasing MCompact,
Buy what you like or what you thrust.

Tastes differ, and that is perfectly fine since we want the economy working.

^^

Can we have notification every time this guy post something because this is pure work of arts.
If you need to drive Toyota in order to invest or "make" it, I would say problem is elsewhere.

Last edited:
And here is another thread polluted by Toyota fanboys. There are fanboys for all car manufacturers, but Toyota ones are something special. They need constant reaffirmation of their purchase. Quite an insecure lot considering that the product in their mind is superior.

Secret buyer's remorse perhaps?

Originally Posted by KrisZ
And here is another thread polluted by Toyota fanboys. There are fanboys for all car manufacturers, but Toyota ones are something special. They need constant reaffirmation of their purchase. Quite an insecure lot considering that the product in their mind is superior.

Secret buyer's remorse perhaps?

With an additional helping of bitter envy and/or sour grapes.

So incredibly egocentric to imagine that you somehow know someone else's position in life. I need no advice from anyone except a really wealthy person, and he's not driving anything Toyota.

I don't rent/lease anything, and everything in my driveway is paid for in full except one of my work vans which is less than one year old. And yet you will never hear me scolding someone I do not even know about their choices!

I am amused to know that I own vehicles which are bound to offend someone.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by 02SE
grin.gif

Well....I believe Jeremy Clarkson said it (Giulia) was one of the most uncomfortable cars he has ever driven.

^^

The '..person in a high end car is either leasing or leveraged to the hilt as that is the only way they can afford it...' stereotype is tired.

Originally Posted by CKN
grin.gif

Well....I believe Jeremy Clarkson said it (Giulia) was one of the most uncomfortable cars he has ever driven.

Jeremy could stand to lose a few pounds.

Originally Posted by MCompact
Originally Posted by rooflessVW

I don't know about you, but I have never felt compelled to comment in topics concerning cars that I would never consider owning. If only the BITOG Automotive Hair Shirt Brigade felt the same way. As for me, to paraphrase David E. Davis Jr., life is too short to discuss boring cars.

I thought those of us in co-dependent relationships with marginally engineered and even less well built English cars were the 'hair shirt brigade'?

Originally Posted by edyvw
I remember getting into BMW every morning, and be like: let's go. Now I get into car and I am: really? again?
So... why are you still driving it then? Life is too short to be driving something that you hate so much. If you are going to "talk-the-talk", you should "walk-the-walk", otherwise what you are saying is just plain nonsense.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by CKN
grin.gif

Jeremy could stand to lose a few pounds.

He's also pretty tall.

But yeah... some of these people act like you shot their dog if you say you don't like "their" brand.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by wag123
Originally Posted by edyvw
I remember getting into BMW every morning, and be like: let's go. Now I get into car and I am: really? again?
So... why are you still driving it then? Life is too short to be driving something that you hate so much. If you are going to "talk-the-talk", you should "walk-the-walk", otherwise what you are saying is just plain nonsense.

Bcs space. That is about it. But do not worry, pass this winter getting myself BMW for daycare, work, skiing, road trips, anything that does not require 7 seats and space for bunch of kids gear.
That wouldsave miles on Sienna, as there is no absolute way I am going to buy another POS like this.

Originally Posted by wings&wheels

The '..person in a high end car is either leasing or leveraged to the hilt as that is the only way they can afford it...' stereotype is tired.

It all just boils down to the old sour grape trope- I can't afford it so no one else should be able to.

Back