2017 Infiniti Q60 Red Sport AWD - 6-yr/70k mile Powertrain Warranty Comes Through in a Big Way!

The big question is...did they make you prove your at-home OCs and if so how did you prove it? There are so many people here who think you're screwed if you don't have all maintenance performed at the dealership. I think that's nonsense.
I didn't have to prove anything or show any oil receipts. The techs dropped the pan as part of the initial inspection, and could tell the engine was well-maintained.

For reference, I took a few pics of the crankcase internals when I replaced the plastic oil pan with an aluminum oil pan this past summer, which provided a 1-qt increase in sump capacity and a better-designed baffle around the oil pickup, as I planned to track the car (i.e., HPDEs) in the future, and was concerned about oil starvation:

1671175678936.jpg

1671175701176.jpg

Are you planning to sell it now and move on?
Even with the new engine & turbos, I'm moving on to a '23 Audi RS5 Coupe, which is on order and due in the middle of 2023. At that point, I'll trade it in and take advantage of the sales tax savings.

Question, did the dealer know the vehicle was still under warranty when making the suggestion to replace the engine?

It’s VERY rare for any manufacturer to replace an engine “just to be safe”.

The dealer replaced it all because it's a somewhat common issue. Also, 17 that just got a new engine, and trading for an Audi? I know this story lol

Back