2016 Subaru Crosstrek Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my mid life crisis fun with my 2014 Dodge Charger...went back to the same make as I traded in on it.

So back to a Crosstrek, this time the Limited Trim. I actually ended up paying about 170 dollars less for this one than the Premium 2014 I owned prior.

Crystal White Pearl..usually I don't like white cars but the flake or shimmer in this paint is beautiful. Glad to be back in a Subie with it's AWD and versatility and most important to me, a hatch

Options it came with were:

Auto Dim Mirror with Compass
Rear Bumper Cover
Splash Guards
Wheel Locks

Leather, SiriusXM, Blind Spot Detection and Lane Change Assist and Rear View Camera

MSRP 26,532

I was OTD with doc fee for 23,978

From a soa employee, thank you
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: xshoex
thumbsup2.gif

From a SoA fan, please import the Levorg.

That XV does look nice in white though.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
Originally Posted By: xshoex
thumbsup2.gif

From a SoA fan, please import the Levorg.

That XV does look nice in white though.

I want the viziv concept they just showed a while back. We are getting a 7 seater in 2018 though.i have no info on it

Congrats!

I never thought it would sell but I know at least 4-5 people who happen to have high salaries but choose this as their wheels. All in there 50's. Subaru just knows what appeals I guess.

Originally Posted By: madRiver
I never thought it would sell but I know at least 4-5 people who happen to have high salaries but choose this as their wheels. All in there 50's. Subaru just knows what appeals I guess.

Mini-SUVs seem to be a big market at the moment. Pretty much every manufacturer now has one.

Blue, you had a Crosstrek before the Charger? Just curious why another and not a different Subaru model. I had a 2014 XV Crosstrek 5spd. I'd still have it if it was CVT. Coolest looking Subaru to me for sure. You did outstanding with the price. That much off of MSRP will absolutely not happen in the Buffalo NY area. If you're willing to drive, it's possible. I do love my 2016 Forester base model w/ CVT. Lots more head-room than the XV. More room in general, larger engine and yet the same fuel economy. Just not as nice looking!

Congratulations.

Approaching 3 years and 40k on our '14 Crosstrek and it has been flawless.

Good luck.

Originally Posted By: JTK
Blue, you had a Crosstrek before the Charger? Just curious why another and not a different Subaru model. I had a 2014 XV Crosstrek 5spd. I'd still have it if it was CVT. Coolest looking Subaru to me for sure. You did outstanding with the price. That much off of MSRP will absolutely not happen in the Buffalo NY area. If you're willing to drive, it's possible. I do love my 2016 Forester base model w/ CVT. Lots more head-room than the XV. More room in general, larger engine and yet the same fuel economy. Just not as nice looking!

Yes you are correct, I had a 2014 Crosstrek, the Premium model before the Charger. After a year and half of ownership on the Charger and 52K miles I realized how much I missed my Subaru. The Charger was a great car and didn't give me an ounce of trouble in 52K miles. With snow tires on it was a beast in the elements and I passed many a SUV off the road during that crazy winter 2014-15. 32mpg was not a rare sighting if I kept my foot light (that WAS a rare thing lol)

I started to miss little things like the versatility of the hatch, rear view camera, the ease of parking, the ground clearance etc..and even with 32 mpg a 19.5 gallon tank does add up at the pump. Also at 52K I was wondering how many more trouble free miles with Dodge? Tires were going to run me close to 1K (20")

So when I started looking I initially did not consider the Crosstrek due to $$. The depreciation on the Charger was astronomical...car stickered for close to 32K (I didn't pay anywhere near that) and was only worth 13K in trade after 1 1/2 years. That's using Galves pricing... I still had equity in it though.

After looking at various hatches...Golf, Soul, Focus, HRV etc I circled back to the Crosstrek. It had all the options I wanted (SiriusXM is something I've learned to love especially at 5 bucks a month)....The leather interior to me is far superior in comfort than the cloth one in my '14. The 7 inch display is nice even if the sound quality is not that great (as you probably know lol) I replaced the tweeters today to the Kicker ones and that makes a big change in the sound quality to me. I like the directionals built into the mirrors and the blind spot indicator has saved my butt once already. Reliability was key to me so this put the Crosstrek up to the top of my list over the others..The HRV was nice but I couldn't get all the options I wanted without getting a moonroof and a lot more $$.

Personally I think the Crosstrek is the best looking of the bunch and I'm happy to be back in one.

One thing I will say in defense of the Charger...man what a smooth and comfortable ride...and quiet too. The 3.6 had no problem off the line either. but comparing a Crosstrek to a Charger is definitely apples to oranges

Originally Posted By: Blue_Goose
... but comparing a Crosstrek to a Charger is definitely apples to oranges.

Indeed it is, but it seems for most Subaru owners, you buy them again. I know of the dozens of vehicles I've owned in ~30yrs, Subaru is my main repeat business.

With the miles you drive, too bad you don't live in a PZEV State. An impressive list of components are covered for 15yrs/150K miles if you are. It goes with the vehicle and not the owner, which is a nice thing.

Still considering the XV. I wish it wasn't as under powered, but all things considered you get a lot for your money with this vehicle IMO. It's quite capable off-road too. I would probably get it in white too.

I've been looking for reliability data on the XV. I know the 2.0 had some oil consumption issues.

XV

What tires is Subaru putting on these now? Last Subaru I bought came with B rated traction tires and was nowhere near as good in bad weather as a Civic with winter tires. Hopefully they have remedied that, because their cars look great on paper. I couldn't understand why they put such [censored] tires on vehicles marketed for winter driving and safety. Be careful with those light colored seats. I also had a lot of trouble with everything staining my seats, and attempts to clean them resulting in water marks. The MPG ratings on these are very impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back