2015 VW GTI autobahn oil questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, I purchased a certified preowned a month ago now, 2015 Volkswagen GTI autobahn. My previous car was a 2003 VW GTI and I just loved them. And the 15 fully loaded autobahn one is just perfect. In my previous GTI I ran Castro’s extended performance 502/505 and went to Liqui molys best oil after that for the last 30k of its life. My job is 6 miles away city. However if I hit all greens considering is only one road to my job, I’ll get highway miles of 30-34 instead of 20-24 city.

My question is that I was considering Motul, I’m not sure which but I would be calling them and personally asking what is their very best 502/505 oil. I called Vw they said it won’t void my 2 year bumber to bumber if I keep my receipts and do it every 10K. Which I thought was way to much. I do drive very hard sometimes as my job can send me places 20-65 miles away, 70% highway. As I’m a sales man. Should I stick to my Liqui moly or Go to Motul. Price is not a problem what’s so ever. I want the very best for my car. And even thou I love Liqui moly I’ve yet to try Motul and have only heard from good friends who all have German cars (Audi’s, Benz’s, bmw etc) that Motul has done them better. I’ve had the car for only 6 weeks and went from 37,800 to 40,600 in miles so the car is driven a lot. Also I wanted to use Liqui Molys Ceratec as I have 2 bottles I was going to use on my 03 but since it’s death I didn’t get to use them and now plan to part out my 03 for extra money.

Is using vertex at 40k miles to early?
Which oil Liqui molys Best or Motuls Besr??

Motul is a fine oil.

I'd personally use Castrol 0W-40 on 5k intervals.

welcome2.gif

I always change my oil between 3-5K no matter what. That 10k interval she said I was like in what kilometers lol??? And she was like no mikes. I was like yea this will be every 5k max so I’m def good on my bumber to bumber warranty

But is mutual better then Liqui moly?
And how about using the ceratec?? I liked castrol and I know it’s VWs factory oil but my cars just felt better with Liqui moly instead. I used the mos2 and it was great. Which is why I went up a notch and bought ceratec. But is it ok to use ceratec whenever? Like I don’t know if 40k miles is to early or not. I already have 5L of Liqui moly left over. So I’m going to use that first then decide to keep using it or go to Motul bc I wanted to use ceratec on my engine and just figured Liqui moly oil would be most compatible.

I'd pass on the Ceratec.

Liqui Moly oil is nothing special. On par with any other major brand.

Motul is nice but only you can say wether or not it is worth the cost. For a 5k interval and no racing I'd say it's a waste.

It's "bumper."

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
I'd pass on the Ceratec.

Liqui Moly oil is nothing special. On par with any other major brand.

Motul is nice but only you can say wether or not it is worth the cost. For a 5k interval and no racing I'd say it's a waste.

It's "bumper."

That pretty much nails it. It is worth repeating, skip the Ceratec, especially if on occasion the car sits for more than a couple of days.

If you want to use Liqi Moly, ECS Tuning has the hard to find version that actually has moly in it.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-liqui_moly-parts/molygen-new-generation-engine-oil-5w-40-5-liter/20232~liq/

Send a PM to edyvw in case he misses your thread … has lots a background on VW lube specs and owning them too …

Originally Posted By: wemay
Castrol 0W-40
Mobil1 0W-40

easy to find and inexpensive, yet excellent quality.

I agree, you will be fine with either- even with a 10k mile OCI.

Yea I don’t race my car, but when I do drive her for my job I’m very often redlining her or close too. Pretty much stay in sport mode 24/7. Which is why I change every 5k Bc I do put the oil thru some abuse. And I’ve been ordering my oil from EVS tubing for the last few years I was gonna use the moly gen but when I called Liqui moly he said their top tec or whatever he said was better than the molygen. I have to look up the part number but I did ask for their best oil regardless if price

There is no “best” oil, first of all.

Finding an oil that meets the most rigorous specs in the world for gas engines is a smart approach.

VW 502 00
Porsche A40
MB 229.5
BMW LL-01

One that meets all 4 would be the “best” oil for your car...regardless of price or name.

Castrol Edge 0w-40 and Pennzoil Platinum Euro 0w-40 is a good start. Spend more if you want but your engine will be no better off. VW goes 20k miles in Central Europe on 502 so change any time before that.

Yup, stay with VW Porsche A40 list
smile.gif
No additives. Oversized filter if you can find one that fits well. A little extra capacity will go further than any additive will in helping the engine. Oil has two jobs - lubrication and cooling. Cooling is enhanced by volume.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Yup, stay with VW Porsche A40 list
smile.gif
No additives. Oversized filter if you can find one that fits well. A little extra capacity will go further than any additive will in helping the engine. Oil has two jobs - lubrication and cooling. Cooling is enhanced by volume.

It's a cartridge filter so no size options. Also the drain plug should be replaced every OCI too if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back