2015 Hyundai Sonata review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wemay
Never had any issue getting warranty work done, but only one of of the three I've owned (one was a Veloster) needed it. My neighbor has a 2010 Sonata with 200,000+ miles on the odo... no valve deposit clean up, major issues or falling apart. Driver's enjoyment is a subjective thing.

But hey, we all have our likes. The Accord, Mazda6 and Camry etc., are all great cars. Hard to find a bad apple in this current crop of sedans.

So true, they have to be good to stay competitive in the segment. I just value a car that "talks" back to me more than this one does.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Steering was effortless, but devoid of any feel. This is the most NUMB steering I have ever felt

Toyota numb, or worse?

We had a 2009 Sonata. Warranty work was awful.

- First it was near impossible to get the dealer to acknowledge a problem. This is not unique to Hyundai, sad to say.

- Only one problem did they acknowledge because it was so blatantly in their face. But they cheap slopped the repair so badly that the problem recured. Each time wasting hours of my time, and days of loss of use. They would keep it for three days to do an hour of work. No free rental provided. Dealer was nice enough to drive me home after I dropped it off. When I saw the service order I realized why the dealer didn't want to fix anything under warranty: Because Hyundai paid them peanuts to do so. The same repair would have cost three times as much out of warranty.

All that said, there is a luck of the draw. You can get a fine vehicle or a lemon from any brand.

Originally Posted By: supton
Originally Posted By: gregk24
Steering was effortless, but devoid of any feel. This is the most NUMB steering I have ever felt

Toyota numb, or worse?

Not sure about that, I haven't drove a Toyota with electric power steering. I have drove a couple Nissan, GM, Ford, and VW products with electric racks...better than GM but worse than Ford, Nissan and VW.

Just got out of a 2015 sonata rental myself.

I can agree on a good amount of points in this review. It is a boring car to drive but also, i had 2015 accord and altima to drive as well. There cars are all boring and bland cars BUT they hit the target audience.

I'm not the target audience but i'm in the demographic (29y.o male).

Sonata's lifetime MPG computer said 25mpg. Which is good for a rental being beat half the time with 30k. Annoying blue tint accent dome light thing. Drove nice but was loud on the roads (tire noise). Nice big trunk, fit 3 carry-on,a larger check-in bag and baby stroller. The car did have power when needed, trans downshifted when needed.

I would possibly own a 3 years old one for $10k as a strick beater/commuter car if my communte was long. Otherwise i'll still go for something sportier at the cost of MPG>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back