2015 Hyundai Sonata 6 speed ATF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about it. 25,000 miles on the "lifetime fluid". I usually change tranny fluid around 30,000 miles no matter what. Never had tranny issues in any vehicles. I don't believe in lifetime fluids.

Originally Posted By: UWAdventurer
Thinking about it. 25,000 miles on the "lifetime fluid". I usually change tranny fluid around 30,000 miles no matter what. Never had tranny issues in any vehicles. I don't believe in lifetime fluids.

I agree that there are no lifetime fluids. I try to change more around 50k miles. I do a full "homemade" tranny flush at home by pulling the line going from the radiator and back into the transmission.

Last edited:
I usually change what I can, I don't flush it. Some changed is better than none I figure.

Any hints if I would want to flush through the lines? Sounds messy.

I'd say stick with Hyundai/KIA SPIV fluid. The OEM fluid cant be much more cost and is guaranteed to perform as designed.

I have used Maxlife ATF in many different cars/auto - we have been using it in our Santa Fe - 6speed for over 30,000kms -

We have done 5 drain and fills over the first 5,000kms/ slow change -

Maxlife is an affordable syn trans fluid - that has never let us down.
we have used it in a toyota for +100,000kms - nissan +100,000kms - Audi +50,000kms.

OEM fluids are over rated and over priced.

Originally Posted By: UWAdventurer
I usually change what I can, I don't flush it. Some changed is better than none I figure.

Any hints if I would want to flush through the lines? Sounds messy.

We have done several in the drive at home. You do it standing up typically and really is not messy but do plan ahead by watching it done on youtube on a similar vehicle.

The universal fluids are good, and your car would probably do OK with them, but they won't have the optimal friction properties of the OEM SP-IV fluid. You should be able to get a case of SP-IV from a local dealer for around $100 to $120. They usually give you a better deal when you buy it by the case. You'd have enough ATF to do at least 3 drain and fills with your preferred OCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back