2015 Honda DI and CVT issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dareo
Sure you can hypermile the 6MT into some really good numbers but in the real world it gets less. Its just too fun to not drive hard from time to time. We seem to have a 29mpg average per tank and a relative gets 32 on a CVT. Real world mostly city driving where people have somewhere to be.

I'm not talking about hypermiling. MTXs are 4%+ more efficient than a CVT depending on where you look. With proper shift points and throttle usage, they will beat a CVT.

I'd be willing to guess you'd get 29 on a CVT too.

Well the acceleration difference between the 6MT and the CVT is pretty big. Magazines seem to quantify it as .5 to 1 second 0-60 difference. So i don't doubt the MT is losing a lot less power to the ground.

The 6MT is fast enough to have fun with, and that fun gets had very regularly with ours. Proper shift points and throttle usage is easier said than done with one of these. Although it does have very good low end torque and could be driven very lightly if you have the self control.

The CVT, being slower, would likely get cruised much easier. No driver involvement other than pedal so all you gotta do is push that lightly. Just sit in the appliance and let it take you where you are going.

C&D put about 40k on a sport 6MT and it still rips a 15.2 quarter mile. C&D didn't have a CVT quarter mile time, but motortrend got a 15.9 second time in a CVT. Huge difference if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back