2014 Ram Gas Mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice.

1. My previous Ram (2012 Hemi CC) was very accurate when comparing EVIC to hand calculation. It was always within a few tenths. I typically never bother with hand calculation, but I was using an app for awhile. My mpg with the 6 spd, 3.92 gears, and LT A/T tires was no where near what you got. The best highway was 18.6. The best mixed city (daily commute) was 14. During the winter, I was always in the 12s. I did drive "spirited".

2. Mine had 0 issues.

Me too. I wonder how long the Trans will hold up, lots of shifting. And what the inevitable rebuild cost will be. Probably no worse than any other Trans, but I wonder.

Originally Posted By: crw
I'm wondering how the RAM 1500 V6 is doing in real-world MPG and basic performance.

A local water damage firm I work closely with has 3 of them, all 2014 model year.

Averaging 24 mpg per the owner, I don't know if I believe that but he loves them. I can tell you they are surprisingly peppy and the trans is smooth as silk, VERY responsive...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
I'm wondering how the RAM 1500 V6 is doing in real-world MPG and basic performance.

A local water damage firm I work closely with has 3 of them, all 2014 model year.

Averaging 24 mpg per the owner, I don't know if I believe that but he loves them. I can tell you they are surprisingly peppy and the trans is smooth as silk, VERY responsive...

I can believe it. My 3.7L Ford is comparable to the Pentastar and I get 22 mpg highway with the six speed transmission. Dodge has 8 speeds does it not? It should be very peppy in regular cab configuration.

Originally Posted By: jimbrewer
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

I can believe it. My 3.7L Ford is comparable to the Pentastar and I get 22 mpg highway with the six speed transmission. Dodge has 8 speeds does it not? It should be very peppy in regular cab configuration.

Jim, they are truly nice looking and handling trucks. Pretty inside, too. The Pentastar V6 is almost gutsy in its response to the gas pedal, yet in normal traffic you hardly even feel a shift. This ZF 8 speed is a well designed unit, and Chrysler's programming seems spot on in these trucks.

For someone like me with a fleet of V8 powered trucks 24 mpg looks pretty darn good...

Awesome news! Thanks for the post. This info is a lot better than the magazine testers, who take the trucks to the dragstrip, then the racetrack, then report their MPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back