2014 Lexus GS350 F Sport Transmission issues

I have a '14 GS350 F Sport in the shop,. Excellent condition and a great customer. I am already going thru diagnostics but sometimes just asking about it on BITOG gets good replies and information that saves time. The Lexus dealer automatically wanted to sell her a new trans for close to 9k. It drives fine but it will stick in 3rd gear limp mode and sets P0985, P0986, P0771, P0776, P2714 and P0796. AI am leaning towards the TCM or the solenoids themselves but I am studying the service manual procedures currently.

Has anyone came across this situation and found the culprit? Thank you!

I am not familiar with this transmission but i would go with the solenoids, even if you replace them ALL be much cheaper than $9k

This might help, when I research a car I find the transmission model # and see what YouTube has, first to the wiki page to find it;
I get the motor and trans model #'s for searches;
And just go to settings on the video and change up the speed as necessary, and on this example you can click the cc to read it, but likely you'll have to go into setting and change the language subtitles for auto-translate, to English is my preference;

Thank You ALL for your time. I did a fluid flush and checked the solonoids and all was ok. I traced wiring to the module, found a backed out pin in the harness connector to TCM- repinned it and now, so far, it is running correctly.
Dang… that’s awesome to find that. Nice job!

Back