2014 Kia Rio LX 1.6L maintenance questions

Hi all,

Doing some maintenance on the 2014 Kia Rio LX with the 1.6l Gamma engine. Noticed valve cover gasket leaking during an oil change a couple of weeks ago. Looking for the torque specs on the cover bolts. Torque pattern would be awesome too.

Also, replacing the belt and idler pulley. Looking for torque spec on idler pulley bolt.

Anyone have these handy? Did a quick search on internet but not seeing anything reliable.

Appreciate it!

Found it. In case anyone is looking for it at a later date:

1717076699874.jpg

1717076715860.jpg

Forgot to add torque sequence.

Also, interesting that it says to put liquid gasket on cover in steps 18/19, step 20 is oil control valve install, then step 21 it says to install cylinder head cover with a new gasket. You supposed to do both? Thats odd to me.

1717161621645.jpg

1717161638380.jpg

Hyundai Kia manuals aren't always directly translatable if you know what I mean.

The sealant is suppose to be where the head and timing cover meet, not the entire thing.

Hyundai Kia manuals aren't always directly translatable if you know what I mean.

The sealant is suppose to be where the head and timing cover meet, not the entire thing.
Yep just a small bead where the timing cover meets. I'll also say make sure when you remove the valve cover and high pressure fuel pump you don't drop the cam follower into the valve cover and forget it, pull it out with a magnet and set aside before removing the cover.

Yep just a small bead where the timing cover meets. I'll also say make sure when you remove the valve cover and high pressure fuel pump you don't drop the cam follower into the valve cover and forget it, pull it out with a magnet and set aside before removing the cover.
Is it necessary to remove the Cam follower? I figured I would just leave it in the housing the pump mounts to.

Back