2014 Chrysler town and country

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a 2005 dodge grand caravan that we have owned for 10 years, recently we have been looking at 2014 Chrysler Town and Country models as a replacement. The base 2014 comes with leather, DVD, fog lights, etc. Average price with under 30,000 miles $19,995. Seems like a lot of car for the money, our Caravan has had it's share of issues over the years I was wondering how the newer models stack up.

my parents have had zero issues with their stripper 2014 caravan. it has experienced some road hazards and dents/bumps, but has handled it all gracefully.

Last edited:
I had a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan. The 3.6L engine is a peach. Strong, smooth, reliable. The 6-speed automatic transmission was less so. It always felt like it wanted to stall when coming to a stop from 2nd to 1st downshifts, but other than that no problems. I think Dodge and Chrysler has ironed out most of the major problems. You're right though, it's a lot of car for the money.

I have a very wealthy friend who prefers driving his T&C over his BMW.

A really sweet smooth ride, very quiet. I can see why he likes it...

Dat be a good lookin' car.
smile.gif

2014-chrysler-town-and-country-1.jpg

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
They are pulling the plug on the Caravan and will only sell the T&C pretty soon.

the "replacement" small van is the Ram ProMaster City, aka Fiat Doblo

Fiat Doblo - Ram ProMaster City - Wikipedia
the only engine option for the US is the 2.4l Tigershark 4cyl, with a 9 speed auto (948TE)
Passenger versions only have seating for 5, 2 buckets up front, and a 3 butt bench in back.

01-2015-ram-promaster-city-review-1.jpg

Google Image Search - Ram Promaster City

We've got 36K miles on our 2013 Grand Caravan SE. I paid $20K for it back in Aug 2013. It's been a great van for us.

If all the options are important to you, ~$19-20K is a good deal for a 2014 T&C. Or you can go basic and get a new one for that price.

Like said, the Pentastar V6 and 62TE trans is a great drivetrain. The ride, handling and performance of these vans is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back