2014 Buick regal awd system info needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, looking for info regarding the awd drive system in this Vehicle. (The buick forums are kind of thin in this area) would anyone happen to know the specs on this system. Curious about the fluids it calls for etc... I can't even figure out if the rear diff is a limited slip unit? Thanks. Vehicle: 2014 Buick regal awd 2.0T. not a GS model

Google GM 6T70 problems, i believe it uses this tranny.
It uses a Haldex AWD system with electronically controlled limited slip. Good AWD system but it looks like the 2016 is getting a new tranny. Info is sketchy.

I cant tell you much about the tranny just that as soon as you mention it at a GM dealer two words are mumbled (wave plates) and mechanics make themselves scarce.
Just my opinion but GM DI turbo 4 banger and a tranny that Ford has their fingers in with a bad history isn't something that would be on my short list.

We had a 2007 Saturn with a the 6T70 trans. It made it too 136k before grenading. I remember reading about the wave plate issue, the articles I read said it was upgraded with new wave plates in 2010? Owners manual is worthless, nothing on trans, diff, trans case, nothing.

They claim they were upgraded but they are still failing. My dad had an 08, tranny failed under warranty (just) and GM replaced the unit in 2011, now its failing again, no warranty.
No filter to service just drain (it has a drain bolt but it doesn't look like one), fill and hope. Axle seal leaks are a common thing also and this unit is finicky about fluid level.

This might help. Of course Dexron 6 if you are in warranty

Originally Posted by jmcdoogie View Post
Hey I updated my "research findings" in that thread today. Red Line recommends their D6 ATF for our beloved 6-speed A/T. In my opinion they have the highest quality stuff available, so that's why I use it. It's a little more than $10 a quart locally for me.

Plus, if you have an AWD system like I do, I recommend you should regularly change out your Haldex Transfer case fluid. It also gets black after only 25,000+ miles. Red Line recommends their 75W90 GL5 Gear Oil for that task. And, fortunately it's much easier to accomplish (with a little hand-held vacuum pump) than the aforementioned ATF change-out.

Unfortunately, the Haldex AWD Rear Differential also needs a regular Fluid changeout. And, that is way more problematic. If some DIY Superstar-God has developed a simple, effective method for doing that, PLEASE post your method along with some pics here! You DIY "Gods" know who you are!

Here is the page:
saabcentral.com

Also this may help Trans Fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back