2013 Mercedes E350 Battery & Oil Change

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
My neighbor came over today and his car only has 25k miles on it. Looks new.
Dealer charged $636. for his first ever new battery and a oil change.
Considering it lasted 10 years and he is 80 and won't let anybody but the dealership work on it, it is what is...right?
Not cheap but...10 years is pretty good.

Wow! So about 2500 miles/year. That is awesome. Many people dream about finding a well cared for, low mileage premium car.

Yes, Mercedes dealership is pricey. But I suspect the service included more than an oil change. If the '13 has the same maintenance schedule as my '14, every other oil change has a fair amount of other checks and services.

Considering it lasted 10 years and he is 80 and won't let anybody but the dealership work on it, it is what is...right?
On my E350 (2008) the OEM Battery (Varta) lasted 9 yrs was replace for ca$750 including tax.
I must say though that those Varta batteries are as big as a truck's.

Wow! So about 2500 miles/year. That is awesome. Many people dream about finding a well cared for, low mileage premium car.

Yes, Mercedes dealership is pricey. But I suspect the service included more than an oil change. If the '13 has the same maintenance schedule as my '14, every other oil change has a fair amount of other checks and services.
This guy lives in a world of perfection. Stored covered in his garage..it is flawless

The OE (Varta) battery in our GLK250 went 9+ years and 128k miles before needing to be replaced. NAPA sold me a new equivalent for $220 after core. Same fit and finish from the looks of it along with 3 yrs' warranty.

I could've nursed the OE battery along, keeping it on a trickle charger in the garage, but it becomes annoying to have to connect/disconnect the cables every time you go for a drive and worrying if it'll start the next time you're out, especially if going out of town overnight.

The OE (Varta) battery in our GLK250 went 9+ years and 128k miles before needing to be replaced. NAPA sold me a new equivalent for $220 after core. Same fit and finish from the looks of it along with 3 yrs' warranty.

I could've nursed the OE battery along, keeping it on a trickle charger in the garage, but it becomes annoying to have to connect/disconnect the cables every time you go for a drive and worrying if it'll start the next time you're out, especially if going out of town overnight.
Good deal 👍

That would be a steal at the Porsche dealership. That would probably cost around $1200 there.. Needless to say I service my own vehicles

Many years ago a Cayman oil change was what..like $300 in 2005.. going by memory?
Last time I had service was 2016 and it was $500 for oil change. $2000 for oil, spark plugs and air filters. I service my 991 and Cayman S. It cost me $70 for Mobil 1 5w-40 and a Mahle/Mann oil filter. I would gladly give them $300 for an oil change but what they want today is truly crazy. I have heard 6-700. They are nice cars but the dealers are thieves

Last time I had service was 2016 and it was $500 for oil change. $2000 for oil, spark plugs and air filters. I service my 991 and Cayman S. It cost me $70 for Mobil 1 5w-40 and a Mahle/Mann oil filter. I would gladly give them $300 for an oil change but what they want today is truly crazy. I have heard 6-700. They are nice cars but the dealers are thieves
Wow....crazy...

Probably a $300 battery, $100 labor to install, and $200 for an oil change. At a MB dealer, it is what it is.
The battery is a quality AGM. And it’s likely an H8. A big battery (that lasts ten years). Not a bad price for what you get.

“A“ service is more than an oil change. “B“ service much more.

Full synthetic MB229.5 oil. 8 quarts. Genuine parts.

The MB dealer is actually better than folks think. The price is reasonable for what they actually do.

”Quicky lube“ would charge $100, use the wrong oil, and skip all the extra inspections and filters.

People who actually understand their Mercedes cars, and oil, opt for dealer service if they can’t DIY.

The battery is a quality AGM. And it’s likely an H8. A big battery (that lasts ten years). Not a bad price for what you get.

“A“ service is more than an oil change. “B“ service much more.

Full synthetic MB229.5 oil. 8 quarts. Genuine parts.

The MB dealer is actually better than folks think. The price is reasonable for what they actually do.

”Quicky lube“ would charge $100, use the wrong oil, and skip all the extra inspections and filters.

People who actually understand their Mercedes cars, and oil, opt for dealer service if they can’t DIY.
Even with Audi I prefer the dealer than an independent in my area.

Last edited:
Back