2013 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in Hyundai service. I have never seen a claim denied in the 4 1/2 years that I have been there. Remember that the dealer submits the claims. If a dealership is concerned that Hyundai may not pay the claim, or may charge them back when they observe the returned parts, they may call the District Parts and Service Manager for approval. I have never seen claims denied in these cases. In fact I have seen Hyundai approve engine replacement on vehicles that were clearly abused or neglected.
We had a 2010 Santa Fe come in with a check engine light, knocking, and no oil in the crank case. The oil filter was a rusted OEM filter. We had not seen them for service in over 20,000 miles. Hyundai asked for service records to be faxed to the DPSM. The customer provided forged records on receipts with consecutive numbers, dated 3 months apart, that said nothing but oil change on them. We faxed them in, and Hyundai approved replacement of the motor.
Hyundai is very concerned with customer satisfaction. I see it time and time again. Don't sweat the warranty on your vehicle. Establish a good raport with your dealership service department and they will go to bat for you whenever you need them. I know we take care of our good customers.
With regards to oil grades, we put Gulfpride 5w30 semi-synthetic in all of the Hyundais we service. Hyundai has partnered with Shell, and does promote Quaker State. They have a program for dealerships under national accounts to provide Quaker State oils, but we get better prices and benefits from our distributor is we do not join that program. It is a marketing partnership. Hyundai has not done any testing that would demonstrate that Quaker State is a superior choice in their motors.

Thank you salv.

Gene, Grambo - I'm not saying I won't use a conventional or synthetic blend in the future (2.4), I'm just saying you are fine to use whatever you'd like so long as the specs and oci are met.

Last edited:
My Kia and Hyundai owner's manuals make recommendations and not requirements.

My 2.4GDI runs great on 0w30 and 0w20.

Enjoy the M1 EP 0w20. It'll work great.
Dont forget that maintenance has a mileage or calendar time requirement, whichever comes 1st. And, always keep an eye on oil level regularly and top off as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back