2013 Grand Cherokee front diff fluid

Got a 2013 Grand Cherokee 5.7 Hemi AWD with a rear LSD. Looking to change all gear fluids and transfer case fluid soon. Its physical owner's manual makes it clear that the rear is 75w-90 and the transfer case uses ATF+4, but the front diff specifies 75w-140? I looked at Jeep forums, which lead me to look up the PDF of the manual online, and now it says 75w-85 for the front and rear. Which one is correct, 75w-85 or 75w-140 for the front diff? If it is 75w-85, I'm just gonna get 75w-90.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

75w90 would be perfectly fine. Just make sure you use either an additive or a fluid that is already made with LSD's in mind (like Redline) for the rear.

My dad has a 2013 GC Hemi, and I did all the driveline fluids at 100k. They actually came out amber, to my surprise. The Jeep dealership he went to for a recall (who also gave him a $3000 estimate for fluid changes and spark plugs) insisted he used Mopar fluids, so I ended up using those to make him happy. They were 75w85.

Thanks for the reply! I was just looking up the redline stuff and did want to use it. This 7 year old Grand Cherokee is a cherry with only 46,000 miles. A 50,000 mile change sounded right to me since it is driven hard in town, and even driven up and down mountains on a few occasions. Since you mentioned the old gear oil coming out clean at 100k, I may just go ahead and check the fluids through the fill holes to see the color instead.

The 16 spark plug tune up should be easy to do. The coil packs are right there in your face in these! I would just drain and fill the transmission every oil change after 100k until it looks clean. I wouldn't flush it. I'd flush the brake fluid though if you haven't. If the power steering fluid is still red, leave it alone lol.

Back