2012?Nissan Rogue; fix or no?

If it’s a free car it’s worth fixing. Yes Nissan CVT’s get a bad rep but ask the people who have failures what their fluid change intervals were. They usually can’t answer you.

My mom had a 07 Altima 2.5 with essentially the same drivetrain. Car only needed 2 parts replaced in 150,000 miles. 1 ignition coil and 1 blower motor relay.
CVT was flawless but I did drain and fills every 25k. Sadly the car was totaled at 150k.

Yes Nissan CVT’s get a bad rep but ask the people who have failures what their fluid change intervals were. They usually can’t answer you.

It really is that simple. I didn't know that until last year when I decided I was going to buy our leased Sentra and started doing research. Change the fluid every 20-25000 miles and it'll be fine.

When inquiring on fluid change intervals, I get different information. Called Nissan and they said 90k. Other online sources say every 30k.

The vehicle is at my in-law’s place 800 miles away. Brother-in-law is going to check the fluid. If it isn’t completely burnt/black, he will get it serviced to see if that helps. Then we will make a decision from there.

Sounds like not a bad deal. Would shop around a little to a couple dealers and see what the price is. Might vary a little and could save a few bucks. Some may be wanting work back and be reasonable. Others may be busy and will give you a higher price.

5 grand surely isn’t out of line by any stretch of the imagination

I would do it for a kids car

Back