2012 Honda Civic LX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rationull

What looks like the radiator support is actually part of the front of the subframe and is the jacking point. If you look closely at the plastic just ahead of it you can see a small arrow molded in pointing at it.

Got it. Not a bad setup after all!

Originally Posted By: JTK

What looks like the radiator support is actually part of the front of the subframe and is the jacking point. If you look closely at the plastic just ahead of it you can see a small arrow molded in pointing at it.

Got it. Not a bad setup after all!

Well it still has the undertray which is a pain. But yeah, my 2007 Civic was the best car I've had for jacking. Dirt simple and solid jacking points and stand points. No undertray either. I'm going to miss doing oil changes on that car.
smile.gif

if the LX is that smooth i wonder what the HF model is like since they say in the description of it it has special wind cheating underbody panels

I know I could probably use that under-cladding to sled down the hills in the winter. Wheeeeee!

Joel

There's one picture here:

http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-message?message_id=973479

The paneling does look very "ambitious" and it does cover up the oil filter which is downward facing on the bottom of the engine toward the front. The jacking point is visible, however.

Per a 9th gen Civic forum I was browsing, you remove the stamped metal panel in the center of the 'belly pan' too access the oil filter and pan drain. I guess you use a flat blade screwdriver to loosen fasteners that hold in on.

FWIW, on my BIL's ride home from Buffalo to outside of Louisville, he averaged 39mpg with the new Civic (per the dash computer). This was with his two children, 2 dogs and a weeks worth of their gear in the vehicle. Some of the speed limits are INSANE on that trip as well. Not too shabby for not being 'broke-in'.

Joel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back