2012 Ford Focus First Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugly front end! Just like most of the new cars. What happens when someone with a bumper backs into you? I don't like the looks of wraparound lights either--too bug like--and they stick out just begging to get smashed in little parking lot accidents. I hope they've sorted out the direct injection sludging problems other engines are experiencing. Personally, I would wait and see for a cycle or two to see how these perform in the real world.

I like how the hatch looks and would probably get one in a few years used. 23k for the Titanium is priced into Fusion/Taurus territory. Looks great though, props to Fomoco.

2010-mazda3-5-door-hatchback-front-picture-800x578.jpg

laugh.gif
yay!

06-2012-ford-focus-fd.jpg

D: noooo!

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
It looks like Darth Vader.......

MasterReplica_DarthVaderHelmet.jpg

What's wrong with that?!?!

On the road, it translates to "Don't F with me!" which is good, given the small size of these cars. all too often i've owned and driven small cars that were treated like they weren't there when people cut in front of me and acted like I wasn't there

Like Eric wrote, the Focus looks unhappy, not scarey.

But whatever it looks like, with headlights and tail lights begging to be cracked, I really hope it as good as it promises to be, with a reasonable price, and consequently a success for Ford.

I like the style of the hatch. I don't like the price. I'd much rather have a Fusion for the price. A loaded Focus will be well into Fusion V6 price range.

Im really liking the looks of the 12' Focus hatch, Id like to see a Motor Trend indepth coparison of the compact segment sometime soon. The next gen Focus,and Civic are on my shortlist of next vehicle to buy.

The car isnt' unhappy, it has a sinister look, somewhat intimidating! I think this is what the designers were going after.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
As with Fiesta, the sedan looks plain ugly, as if it was and after thought, the hatch is not bad.

I say the same thing about the Mazda3...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back