2011 Jeep GC V6 Pentastar filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the new Chrysler Pentastar 3.6L V6. I took some pictures of a brand new Mopar engine air filter. I also took a few pictures of the Mopar(MicronAir) cabin air filter.

dsc02008a.jpg

dsc02009aw.jpg

dsc02011a.jpg

dsc02012a.jpg

dsc02013am.jpg

The engine air filter is made in the USA and is really well made. The cabin air filter, also made in the USA, is fragile, but for a cabin air filter it should do the job just fine.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Sweet car man. How you liking that 3.6L V6?

+1 What grade oil do they spec for that engine?

Love the 3.6L Pentastar. Great engine. Chrysler really hit a home run with this engine. Powerful and well designed.

5W-30 is what Chrysler recommends for that engine.

The oil filter is a cartridge style which is located on the top of the engine. Very easy to change.

Thanks for the info. Good luck with it, I think they hit it out of the park this time. If I read correctly it is not a DI engine, but they have plans for that? I hope they scrap those plans and leave well enough alone. I'm hoping they offer it in the Liberty, if so I'll be buying another one.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Thanks for the info. Good luck with it, I think they hit it out of the park this time. If I read correctly it is not a DI engine, but they have plans for that? I hope they scrap those plans and leave well enough alone. I'm hoping they offer it in the Liberty, if so I'll be buying another one.

That's correct. Chrysler has said that for the initial engine they wanted to get it as smooth and refined as possible. Pretty much the entire engine was designed with that in mind. They say that DI introduces additional NVH that they want to avoid until a few years down the road.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

That's correct. Chrysler has said that for the initial engine they wanted to get it as smooth and refined as possible. Pretty much the entire engine was designed with that in mind. They say that DI introduces additional NVH that they want to avoid until a few years down the road.

I hope they stay away from DI until 2013 when I'll be in the market again for something new. After that they can do what ever they like. At the moment staying clear of DI would be the way to go for them, let GM and Ford iron DI out!

NVH should be the least or their worries with the DI design.

Chances are, citing NVH issues is their polite way of saying "DI has issues that still need to be worked out, so we're waiting."

That's a good lookin' filter; and I like how they printed all that info on the side.

I think there was another one like it posted a few years ago. I wish all filter mfgs did that.

I'm glad to hear the comments on the engine, as I plan on trading my 2009 GC for a 2011.

But why can't I see the pictures? just get icons to register at something called bit.ly/imageshack

I have a imagshack registration.

Originally Posted By: widman
I'm glad to hear the comments on the engine, as I plan on trading my 2009 GC for a 2011.

But why can't I see the pictures? just get icons to register at something called bit.ly/imageshack

I have a imagshack registration.

Pictures load fine for me? Clear your cache?

I have cleared and all that. It is happening on several forums. Reading the web a bit, it appears that imageshack has put controls on images, and the forum or website host has to register with them for pictures to be seen from some ip's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back