2011 Hyundai Santa Fe Coolant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Would it be OK to top off the sealed overflow tank with some Honda coolant? I only ask because I have a new gallon of Honda type 2 anti freeze. Thanks.

Why mess with the OEM coolant? Your car is new so the dealer will do it for free and unless your dealer is too far away I would go that route, this way you will have a record if your coolant keeps disappearing.

Use that Honda coolant in something else, or just keep it, as most coolants are good for at least few years in a sealed jug, until your Hyundai need coolant flush.

The dealer is 30 minutes away and I was going to add a little to get between the cold low and high lines(right now it is just below the low line) and was at this level when purchased a few weeks ago.

It is a small overflow tank and probably will only take 3-4 oz to get to that level. I'll use some distilled water. Thanks.

Typical of a dealer not to check all the fluid levels on delivery. Also, the tires were at 40PSI and not the recommended 33 PSI. Otherwise, it is a very nice SUV for the money.

Last edited:
The way i understand it is the asians tend to stay away from phosphates, we embrace them, and the Europeans straddle the fence. I put some Nissan LL in my Daughter's Hyaunai and it hasn't blown up yet.(and it's been a whole month!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back