2011 f150 5.0 orange coolant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple quick questions..

Just got a new to me 11 f150 5.0. Calls for MC orange.. are there any safe alternatives? I would like to at least drain and fill the coolant or flush it, but MC isnt cheap.

Also, the wife has a 2012 fusion 3.0 I thought this took the gold coolant, my 06 ram could use zerex g05 (Ford gold) so after topping off my ram I topped hers off (about a pop bottle, not much). Now I'm reading online hers took orange, and I mistakenly thought it took gold. Gonna be any issues with mixing a small amount?

You didnt link the zerex.. which one is it?

Its wierd Ford would use a DeX cool.. I never was a fan of DeX cool.

What about my wifes car? Ok to go?

I'll tell you what...Ford uses so many different coolants, it drives me crazy. They have their "green" that goes in the Edge. They have their "gold" that goes in a lot of stuff...the "Orange" that goes in a lot of stuff...don't they have something else for their diesels right now? And an additive package for it?

I'd just buy a gallon of the Motor Craft Orange off Amazon and call it a day. I think it's $21. Just exchange a gallon, maybe two, and then do it again in a few years.

I don't like to mess around with these coolant alternatives anymore, you don't all of the other crap out, it changes colors, sometimes it doesn't mesh right. For what? So I can save ten bucks? Coolant changes isn't an every other month thing like oil changes, if it was, I'd say yeah go ahead and try to save a few bucks.

Originally Posted by sh40674
You didnt link the zerex.. which one is it?

Its wierd Ford would use a DeX cool.. I never was a fan of DeX cool.

What about my wifes car? Ok to go?

I tried to link coolants that Walmart carried. Maybe there not carrying Zerex/Valvoline AF any more? Check for Zerex some where else if that's what you want.
I can't say for sure if mixing a little G05 with Dexcool is alright or not but I would think it would be alright. I would check it occasionally to see if it looks normal tho. And change the fluid when it's due.

Well I left Walmart with a few gallons of Prestone DeX cool.

Says on the back it meets ford wss-m97b44-d spec, which is the spec called out by motorcraft orange.

So good to go wirh DeX cool then?

Do not fear Prestone Dexcool. Here it is.

00AA1A06-0793-4B7C-9F92-005232CE8474.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back