2011 Chevy Cruze LT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
.... And often all that is needed is the deletion of a silencer or two.

First mod on any 03-04 Cobra was to remove the big rubber silencer/snorkel restiction on the intake.

Mine is still floating around my garage somewhere...wish the car was as well!

Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
.... And often all that is needed is the deletion of a silencer or two.

First mod on any 03-04 Cobra was to remove the big rubber silencer/snorkel restiction on the intake.

Mine is still floating around my garage somewhere...wish the car was as well!

Yup. My Expedition had TWO of them! One in the intake tube itself, the other going into the fender.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
the factory exhaust is a mandrel-bent stainless-steel one with no obvious restrictions.

I seriously doubt it is mandrel bent

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
the factory exhaust is a mandrel-bent stainless-steel one with no obvious restrictions.

It's sure not crush-bent! It's bent smoothly, that's for sure. If not on a mandrel, then what I don't know.

It looks like a mandrel-bent exhaust would look. Correction on how it was made if not on a mandrel?

Both of our Toyotas and our current Honda have exhaust systems that do not have crushes in the turns. Whether or not they were actually made with a mandrel, I don't know. But they have smooth corners. I think our Acura's exhaust has reduced radii in the turns.

Your doubt is misplaced.

The exhaust systems for the NA Cruze are all manufactured in Ypsilanti Twp, MI by Bosal. They are mandrel bent and welded all run automatically under CNC. Some other systems that Bosal manufacturs are also Hydro formed, but the particular Cruze system is indeed mandrel bent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back