2010 MDX Rear Trailing Arm Bushings

Most of my answers are very reputable from experience. I don’t think I have posted an non reputable answer on a forum before. To me a bushing and boot are the same thing.
They are definitely not the same thing. You cannot appear as a professional if you cannot use the correct terminology.

Perhaps you need to start practicing the concept of “trust, but verify.”
Thanks for the advice. I do appreciate it I mean I know they are both rubber and the boot usually helps from dirt getting in and contamination. And I think a bushing has to do with absorption.

Well I don’t know if it’s really the bushings but the sway bar links has a grease fitting on them so I am assuming when grease goes in it eventually gets under the bushings.
I think you're talking about the stabilizer-bar end links rather than the bushings, correct? The end links (on a front-wheel-drive car) have a ball & socket assembly at each end of a steel rod. They connect the end of the stabilizer (or anti-sway) bar to the front suspension. Cheap aftermarket ones often have grease fittings. The better ones don't.

The stabilizer bar bushings are completely different beasts - they are rubber or synthetic rubber, and provide some NHV isolation where the stabilizer bar attaches to the body (not the suspension) of the car.

I think you're talking about the stabilizer-bar end links rather than the bushings, correct? The end links (on a front-wheel-drive car) have a ball & socket assembly at each end of a steel rod. They connect the end of the stabilizer (or anti-sway) bar to the front suspension. Cheap aftermarket ones often have grease fittings. The better ones don't.

The stabilizer bar bushings are completely different beasts - they are rubber or synthetic rubber, and provide some NHV isolation where the stabilizer bar attaches to the body (not the suspension) of the car.
Yeah. That’s them. I just put some on my dads car Moog with grease fittings.

Ok, was able to make a good inspection this morning. With suspension unloaded, I could see a few superficial cracks. I do not have any experience monitoring rubber bushings but it is hard for me to believe these superficial cracks will become a structural failure within the next 12 months. I will take another look next Spring.

Automechanic, you get first prize in the thread derailing contest!

Back