2010 Ford F150 Filter Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend has a 2010 F150 with the 5.4L engine. The manual says to use a Motorcraft FL820, not an FL820S, though. He said he cross-referenced the Purolator PureOne number to 24651, as did I. He said that the shop could not get either the 820S or the PureOne to screw on. He went and found a Mobil 1 M1-210 and it went right on?

Is there something missing?

I dont even think there is a Motorcraft FL820. They are all FL820s. I've put on both FL820s and Luberfiner PH820 on 2010s with no problem.

There is a metric and imperial filter for the 4.6L version of these engines....I ran into this problem with my brothers 2004 F150. 22x1.5mm thread or 3/4-16. The 5.4 only lists the metric thread so I'm not sure what happened in your case as all the filters you listed have the same 22x1.5mm threads.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
should be a FL-820S. PM me the last 8 of the VIN and i can run a Build of Materials on it.
I sent him a message asking if he would like to send me the last 8 of the VIN. I'll get back to you. Thanks!

I thought it was only the FL-820S as well. Not sure why they have just an FL-820 listed in the manual.

Build sheet shows that it came with and should use a FL-820S. that being said, make sure the threads are good. is this the first oil change? a filter that looked plain white with numbers should of come off, what were the numbers?

I don't know the answers to those two questions. He lives across the states from me, but he had no luck in hunting down an answer, so I came to the pros! I'm figuring the shop just couldn't get the first two threaded, but the third they did by dumb luck. They told him the Purolator had threads that were too big, for example. I was saying if it's a PITA to get to like my 86 F150, they probably weren't getting the threads seated correctly, so the filters weren't going on right. Still takes me a couple of tries every now and then on my truck. Tight spot. Thanks again for looking that up though! He and I appreciate it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back