2010 Chrysler Sebring...

I’ve had this car for almost 9 years and have put 172,000 miles on it. Right now she’s sitting at 208,400 miles. Routine maintenance has always been done. Two years ago, I replaced the suspension on all four corners, along with inner/outer tie rods and lower ball joints. Earlier this month I replaced the upper radiator hose and flushed/filled the coolant. It sits outside year round because I keep my Wife’s car in the garage. Gotta say it’s surprisingly clean underneath. Here’s a short clip I took last week when I changed the oil.

L8R,
Matt

That’s not bad for it’s age. We had a 1994 Dodge Intrepid that was clean underneath similar to this one. The advantages to not living in the north lol.
I live about an hour south of Cleveland here in Ohio. That’s why I’m surprised how clean it is. The brine they use, plus the road salt, is pretty rough on cars.

L8R,
Matt

I live about an hour south of Cleveland here in Ohio. That’s why I’m surprised how clean it is. The brine they use, plus the road salt, is pretty rough on cars.

L8R,
Matt
That’s cool. I’m in Virginia so not too much down here it had the typical exhaust rust and stuff. We only had it a month because my sister was supposed to take her drivers test but she failed it and waited a couple years so we sold it to another mechanic who took ours down the interstate and the water pump flew threw the radiator going 90mph lol 😂 so I guess they don’t like going 90mph.

L8R,
Matt

The last time I drove through Ohio I saw a Corolla with a rust hole in the outer sheetmetal on the rear door that was so big you could see the window regulator and a Mystique that I thought the woman driving was going to fall through the floor on.

People love to hate on these Sebrings but they seem to hold up.

They sure do like to knock on them. I think that comes from the earlier ones that had the 2.7 V6 sludge engine. But honestly, this has been a very good and reliable car for me. You couldn’t see it in the video, but it is starting to leak around the rear of the valve cover gasket. One of these days I’ll have to replace it. That will also give me a chance to check out how it looks under there. Plus working the past 4-1/2 years at a local lube shop has shown my how much better condition my car is underneath than some newer ones that come in.

L8R,
Matt

Back