2010 Buick Enclave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I hope I am posting this in the appropriate place. We just bought a 2010 Buick Enclave with 14k on the clock. Wanting to find a very good oil to run through it. Since it's low mileage I would like to keep it in good shape. We live in the mountains and it's used mostly for highway driving and some in town driving. The temp can run from the upper 90's in the summer to bellow 0 in the winter and we are at about 7000ft. I was planning on using a Puralator Boss filter. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I also have a 2005 Nissan Titan with 206k on the clock. 6" lift rare towing, mostly highway and periodic 10-15 idleing times. Recommendations for this vehicle?

Lastly, any experience with Amsoil Power Foam? I was going to run Seafoam through the truck as it could use some cleaning, but saw some impressive results from Powe Foam as well.

Thanks in advance.

Skip the Purolator and instead pick up a Fram Ultra. I believe that engine takes the 10060.

As to oil, any SN-rated synblend 5w-30 should do quite well. Ideally, pick up one with Dexos certification. If it were my car, I'd probably go with Pennzoil or Valvoline MaxLife.

Congrats on the Enclave!

I would run full synthetic either Mobil1 or Pennzoil and a Fram Ultra filter, this is the best filter you can get for the money. Purolator I would avoid at all costs, they are junk.

Apparently these engines are hard on oil and can be sludge monsters. Not trying to scare you, but I would definitely run synthetic and go no further than 5k.

Mobil 1 0w40 would work well.

Filter wise, anything Fram, WIX or AC Delco will be top notch.

The Boss is about the only Puro filter that is actually worth running. The problem is, it's quite expensive compared to the Fram Ultra, which is at least as good as, and IMHO better than, the Boss, for less money.

Yeah if I went with Purolator it was going to be the boss, otherwise they are just Bosch filters.

Anyone have thoughts on the Power Foam?

Thanks again for all the info.

Since you're doing mostly highway with the Enclave any brand name synthetic even Supertech 5w30 Dexos 1 gen 2. 7,500-10,000 mile interval should be fine. Almost the same thing with the Titan except a High Mileage oil, 5 or 10w 30. No comment on the Power foam but sometimes it's better to leave well enough alone.

For your Buick any Dexos1Gen2 certified oil will work great. I'd stick with a Wix or ACDelco filter vs a Purolator, though... As for the oil change interval, the 3.6 is pretty hard in oil, if it was mine I'd do it every 5-7k.

Last edited:
For the Enclave, I would shop by price and use any quality Synthetic 5w or 0w-30. Synthetic for piece of mind (should help in very cold weather) if you can afford it, though certainly not required for the type of usage you mention. I like Castrol Syntec myself (if I had to choose a brand), but I mostly shop by price and am not terribly picky about brand. If it were my vehicle, I'd change every 5k if using conventional, or 5-7k with synthetic. No reason to change any sooner than that unless you're doing a lot of short trips, stop & go driving or other severe service.

For the Titan, I like 10w-30 HDEOs for older vehicles with higher miles. Chevron Delo XLE 10w-30 is usually my go-to and is available at Walmart for a very reasonable price. If the engine is an oil burner and you're concerned about the extra additives in HDEO (diesel oil) poisoning the catalytic converter, Quaker State Defy in 5w-30 flavor, a great syn-blend would be my second choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back