2009 Kia Sedona - brake parts - recommendations on brand(s)

I have to believe that Raybestos, Wagner, Akebono and others know a lot about brake shoes, parking brake shoes and use the proper friction in each type of brake shoes.

Rockauto discount code:
Thanks, I'd placed the order before seeing your reply. Where do you find the discount codes?

Go for dealer parking brake shoes. The reason for that is there is a huge difference in friction characteristics needed for park brake shoes vs regular brake shoes that most if not all of the aftermarket does not pick up on. Park brake shoes need a friction material with a massively high coefficient of static friction so the park brake holds. This is an undesirable characteristic on a regular brake shoe as it would make the brakes grabby. Most aftermarket brake manufacturers use the same friction material for park brake shoes as regular brake shoes which leads to park brake shoes that dont work the best.
Fascinating! I'd never heard this before, but it makes sense. However, the dealer price was very high - C$164 + taxes. I've ordered Raybestos shoes from Rock Auto - < C$50 delivered, and accept that the parking brake may not be as effective as it would have been with factory shoes.

Thanks, everyone, for your input - I've ordered Akebono pads, Mando calipers, and Raybestos coated rotors, and picked up some Permatex Ceramic Extreme brake lube, rated -50 F to 3000 F.

Thanks, I'd placed the order before seeing your reply. Where do you find the discount codes?

Fascinating! I'd never heard this before, but it makes sense. However, the dealer price was very high - C$164 + taxes. I've ordered Raybestos shoes from Rock Auto - < C$50 delivered, and accept that the parking brake may not be as effective as it would have been with factory shoes.

Thanks, everyone, for your input - I've ordered Akebono pads, Mando calipers, and Raybestos coated rotors, and picked up some Permatex Ceramic Extreme brake lube, rated -50 F to 3000 F.

In the product rebates section:

Back