2009 ford fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fusion takes a h11 for lows. I wanted to do the h9 swap but im debating if the 65w bulb will hurt anything. I have found some 55w h9 on ebay, but the question is will the 55w h9 even be worth the swap. I know the 65w will be brighter for sure. But what about the 55w h9? My goal is more light for the wifes car. It has factory bulbs in it from 2009. I also wanna have a 500-600 hr service life rather than 300 like the upgraded bulbs.

Last edited:
It should be fine although you have to accept the trade off in shorter life if you want to use the H9. The filament precision is the same so the extra wattage is going to cost you life.

If the bulbs are easy to replace I'd switch to H9, but I wouldn't buy anything claiming to be a 55w H9, I would get the 65 watt unit from a reputable source and manufacturer.

As long as you have projector headlights its safe to do. You should not do it to reflector type. I have had mine on my mazda 6 almost a year. I kept the original bulbs because I know they wont last too long.
By the way, I thought h9 were 65 watts vs 55w H11. I dont think swapping for the same wattage is going to do anything...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Colt45ws
The extra light is from the extra wattage. 10w shouldn't be a big deal, except for the obvious life trade off.

This is what Virgil said at cpf

It's basically a matter of different filament with different characteristics. The H9 has a 65w (nominal) filament optimized for maximum luminance and flux at the expense of shorter lifespan. The H11 has a 55w (nominal) filament optimized for long life at the expense of lower luminance and flux. Both bulbs have equal filament precision, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back