2009 Ford Edge LED?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2009 Edge with 3 wire rear brake/signal/tail light sockets.
I am trying to replace the factory bulbs with LED's.
I am wearing out the wiring trying to installing the resistors across the proper wires.
What is the right/proper way to connect the resistors?
I have 50W 6RJ resistors, installed in line with the flash wire on the front and back.
When I turn the key to ACC the blink is normal.
The blink goes to rapid flash when the engine is running.
HELP!

Don't bother with resistors, and just buy Canbus Compatible Leds. This will keep bulb burnt out messages/indicators from coming on if you have them. If not, then don't worry about it at all.

For your hyperflash, do you have a mechanical flasher relay? Rockauto says you do. Tridon sells an EP27 electronic LED flasher relay that should cure your hyperflash.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2009,edge,3.5l+v6,1443379,electrical,flasher,10139

Last edited:
I bought Canbus and they came with resistors. Front works except for the hyper flash.
Rear ones do not provide tail/clearance lights.
Turn signal and brakes work fine except for hyper flash.
I do not have a mechanical flasher.

I finally installed mine according to the following: And they work GREAT.

The 6-ohm 50W resistor needs to be installed between the power wire and ground. The power wire is the one for the turn signals - it is unnecessary for running lights. The ground can be any chassis ground or the ground wire from the lamp socket. The resistors do not go inline in any wire. They connect to the wire using a ScotchLock or similar connector that leaves the original wire intact and allows the resistor to "tap into" it (electrically, the resistor is in parallel with the bulb). In other words, do not cut any factory wire to install resistors.

You will generally need a resistor for each location where you install an LED bulb in place of an incandescent bulb in the turn signals (i.e. both sides front and rear if you replace all bulbs).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back