2008 Odyssey LX (non-VCM) Oil Filter adapter gasket

1642092068924.jpg

I replaced the oil filter adapter housing gasket on my mom's 08' non-VCM Odyssey today. probably the most difficult part was fighting the electrical connections off, I used the old trick of spraying them with silicone spray the lower connection came off well enough, put the connection that goes up to a bracket on the back of the engine stumped me, and I was having a hard time figuring out how you get it off, most videos I found are for the VCM version of this engine, which is much simpler, it's just 3 bolts and the adapter comes right off because there's a seperate spool valve for the vtec/vcm stuff, but on the non-VCM model that vtec solenoid is on top of the adapter. I think I found a video of an Accord or something and figured out what I was looking at was a female connector that is clipped on the bracket, so I had to first unhook the male connector up top and then hold down the clip on the female connector and slide it off the bracket. The gasket had a nasty crack in it, and broke into a few pieces when I removed it.

Nice work.
Hopefully you were able to buy the gasket separately. I had to buy the Spool Valve Assembly to get the 2 gaskets. Luckily I found it for $190; my local Honda dealer had one in stock for $450.
There are aftermarket gaskets available, but fittment is not good. Sheesh.

blufeb95

Nice work.
Hopefully you were able to buy the gasket separately. I had to buy the Spool Valve Assembly to get the 2 gaskets. Luckily I found it for $190; my local Honda dealer had one in stock for $450.
There are aftermarket gaskets available, but fittment is not good. Sheesh.
The Auto parts store had a felpro set that has the gasket for the adapter housing, a gasket for the vtec solenoid on top and a third o ring that I don't know what it goes to. Aparently the main gasket in the kit I got will work on the VCM model but you have to remove the screen and the solenoid gasket is not needed, and I don't know what the third oring is for.