2007 Mustang GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
2007 BLACK Mustang GT 5 speed w/Leather 15K

Bought it new when gas was $2.40, if I didn't love driving this car so much I would have traded it in and got an ecobox since I drive a lot (15K in under a year so far).

I've done no maintenance other than oil&filter changes always MC 5-20 and MC filters changed at 1100 miles, 3000 miles, 6500 miles, 10K, and 14K.

Styling is what sold this car, I love the lines and aggressive stance. The power is incredible in gears 1-4 and she revs freely up to 5500 RPM's (i dare not take it further). Handling is ok but the rear end seems a bit squirrly when you hit even small bumps on turns.

Driving position is pretty good and the back support is great. This car is so much fun to drive that I barely wince when I gas her up. Conservative driving has yielded between 22-25 MPG on 80% HWY driving.

Luckily I'll never have to drive her in bad weather since the Explorer just sits and waits for rain.

Did I mention I love driving this beast?

The rear-end is like that because they took the cheaper route and used a single rear axle rather than independent suspension. I remember reading an interview with the designer of the new Mustang and he said he wanted an independent suspension but the higher ups wouldn't allow it. I really like the car other than that though, especially the way it looks. Happy driving
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
I feel the same about my 1997 GT 'vert. Although it only gets driven less than 5k a year, my Dad bought it on styling, and the styling, sentimental value, and fun driving experience is why I hang on to it. It's pretty impractical for my family of four and extended family of six.

Glad you've got a dedicated rain car. I've gotten sideways in a pop-up rain shower in my GT - so much power, so little weight, and a rather antique design rear end... Mine is a good-weather only car...

later,
b

i love the new mustangs i just wish they weren't so heavy but they are sexy and are much better build than the older mustangs

I too love the current Mustang body styling. I just wish the interior was a little more upscale/luxurious. But I guess then it would have to cost a lot more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back