2007 F150 5.4 Pennzoil Ultra 5-20 7921 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost 8000 miles and a TBN retention like that? This is definitely an extented drain oil. I'll be anxious to see the next report when all of the Redline leftovers won't be present. I wouldn't be afraid to do 10,000 miles on this oil. I think it's worth a few more dollars than Platinum or regular Mobil 1.

Truck also spent a weekend Towing my F350 from PHX to Tucson. Probably 250 miles only towing 11,000lbs

Last edited:
Really low wear numbers and great TBN retention. I would've thought PU would have more calcium, but it has a lot of boron. You have very low silicon and I'd think AZ is a dusty place. Insolubles are really low too. Those Bosch filters work great.

It has been a very wet winter. I expect that to rise slightly as it dries out and the monsoon winds arrive. I have been happy with P1 and bosch so far.

Wow, very nice. I have a 07 Mark LT and my Silicon is 14 with a K&N or a AFE PRO Dry. Can't get it any lower.

Ditch those filters and I promise it will drop. Guaze filter just dont filter like paper does no matter what you may read or here. They are a performance item...kinda.

11,000lbs? Nice! I didn't even notice at first; with insoluables at 0.2, looks like the Bosch did a good job of filtering.

Thanks so much for the UOA,DieselTech. Some of us have been waiting a long time to see what this oil was really made of. It has definitely proven itself. Now I feel better about building up a small stash of Ultra 5w-30.

VOA shows TBN of 13, after 8k miles TBN is 5.7, this tells PU is good for around 12k miles for this truck and the driving condition of mostly city streets. I would not extend OCI to 15k miles for similar driving condition, for mostly highway driving then 15k OCI is possible.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
VOA shows TBN of 13, after 8k miles TBN is 5.7, this tells PU is good for around 12k miles for this truck and the driving condition of mostly city streets. I would not extend OCI to 15k miles for similar driving condition, for mostly highway driving then 15k OCI is possible.

I bet if I was driving it 15k wouldn't be a problem. She drive like a nut, seriously I dont know where she got her license. I refuse to let her drive if we go somewhere.

She has no clue what limit and a speed limit sign means

Last edited:
Quote:
Wife drives it like a crazy women.

What's her mpg? Just curious. I like to (loosely) figure out equivalent miles on a more balanced usage profile. I'd suspect it to be (easily) 10k+. Maybe more.

Well when I drive it gets about 17 in town. On our trip it got 19 hand calculated. I dont bother keeping up with her milage

Originally Posted By: DieselTech
Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay
How many months was the run? Any make-up oil added?

Almost 3 months and no makeup. It was a little low maybe 1/2qt when I did the change

That's a lot of miles for 3 months and by that rate almost 32,000 miles per year. Is this vehicle used for sales(commercial)..normally those that run 30,000 miles yearly tend to be long highway miles. Commercially I've seen 24,000 miles 60% stop and go in my neck of woods which doesn't have long highway stretches so I wouldn't say it's not doable in your geographic region.

Well we are 55 miles round trip to her office alone. Being ion dental sales she drives her vehicle from office to office for Oral-B. Then also drives from our house back into Gibert 3 times a week for school.

Some months are busyer then others. We also went to Vegas and San Diego on this OCI. But that only = maybe 1000 miles at the very most. Hopefully this driving like this will end in OCT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back