2007 F150 5.4 Pennzoil Ultra 5-20 7921 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay Fellas the results are in.

Vehicle is a 07 F150 2wd Auto. Truck has 67,500 miles on it. Wife drives it like a crazy women. I'd say this sample is 70 Town and 30% highway. Bosch 3410 oil filter and Fram air filter.

Alum-3
Chromium-0
Iron-5
Copper-4
Lead-4
Tin-1
MolyB-32
Nickel-0
Manganese-2
Silver-1
Ti-0
Pota-0
Boron-273
Silicon-4
Sodium-9
Calcium-2311
Magnesium-7
Phos-615
Zinc-663
Barium-0

Sus Vis- 49.6
Cst Vis- 7.97
Fue-1.0
Insolubles-0.2
TBN- 5.73

I'm thinking i'll go 10k on this OCI. I'm too much a a wus to go any further with any oil.

I will look forward to seeing your second run of this product when the sample will be 100% PU. Still a small amount of left over Red Line in this, but I would think doing 10K would be a breeze.

I agree johnny, I told the wife we have to keep it now through summer so I can trend it....She rolled her eyes

I also am interested to see some with vehicles not maintaned as anally as mine or some that need some cleaning

Relate the oil to shoes, then she will understand.
grin2.gif

She wants a 2010 Platinum.

Want want want I swear. I relate my oil obsession to here teeth obsession. She knows how I am.

I'd like to get something when she is out of sales and in the office.....The milage she puts on kills me to spend 40k on another vehicle.

Nice TBN retention and wear numbers! 10K is absolutely a breeze here. I was going to get a UOA for the Ultra in my Ranger, but it's only the first run. Plus, I'll be using PP afterwards.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
2WD F150 WT are 18K up here, about 20k discounted as XLT with AL wheels.

She wants a 4X4 platinum edition though. I'm really wanting to wait until she is complete with dental school so she can keep it for several years

Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay
How many months was the run? Any make-up oil added?

Almost 3 months and no makeup. It was a little low maybe 1/2qt when I did the change

Originally Posted By: ProStreetCamaro
Certainly not an oil for a flat tappet engine. Otherwise so far so good.

I dont know any newer oils that are flat tappet oils that have proper API.

Redline, amsoil racing and RP are your better options.

Originally Posted By: DieselTech

Almost 3 months and no makeup. It was a little low maybe 1/2qt when I did the change

Not bad at all. My brother has the exact same truck and it loses a quart every 5,000 miles, regardless of oil used.

That TBN really looks good after almost 6000 city miles.

It lost a qt with redline on the first 5000 on the first OCI. Nothing after that. I was watching the level during this OCI as i didnt know what to expect with a new product.

TBN held really well, but I was mostly impressed with the Vis. Wear looks good, but we'll have to trend that

TBN of almost 6 after almost 8000 miles is pretty impressive, should make a nice long drain oil.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
TBN of almost 6 after almost 8000 miles is pretty impressive, should make a nice long drain oil.

I'd be interested to see how your 01 does. Different engine,capacity, and oil cooler.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
2WD F150 WT are 18K up here, about 20k discounted as XLT with AL wheels.

She wants a 4X4 platinum edition though. I'm really wanting to wait until she is complete with dental school so she can keep it for several years
Plat Ed? Is that 2000 worth of useless stuff that they charge 10 grand for - they can keep it. My wife pays for her own car and we have completely separate bank accounts. Last Ford trucks I liked were 3 generations ago. I dont like how the new ones drive at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back