2007 Accord in-line auto trans filter

Odo is at 125000 kms (77000 miles). I've changed the trans fluid 3 times over the past 15 years. Just wondering if anyone here has changed one of these. It's not mentioned on the maintenance schedule, so not sure how necessary it is, but probably not a bad idea. Looks like a bit of a pain to access, but otherwise simple enough to swap out. K24 engine if that matters.

The car in question, pic from last summer.
IMG_0100.jpg

The filter looks like this:
1664994768038.jpg
1664994768038.jpg

I have that filter waiting to go in my `07 Accord when I get around to the next trans drain and fill. Will probably cut it open also out of curiosity.

My Ridgeline uses the same filter. It can only be changed from below. Wasn't difficult to change, except putting the clamp back on it has to be done all by feel. Those little things are expensive, about $40 at the Honda dealer. After changing it on the first fluid change my intentions are to go 2 cycles on a filter from here on.

Odo is at 125000 kms (77000 miles). I've changed the trans fluid 3 times over the past 15 years. Just wondering if anyone here has changed one of these. It's not mentioned on the maintenance schedule, so not sure how necessary it is, but probably not a bad idea. Looks like a bit of a pain to access, but otherwise simple enough to swap out. K24 engine if that matters.

The car in question, pic from last summer.
View attachment 119868

The filter looks like this:
View attachment 119869View attachment 119869
Had a 07 Accord....super easy to change...

I have that filter waiting to go in my `07 Accord when I get around to the next trans drain and fill. Will probably cut it open also out of curiosity.
Whoever changes theirs first should post how that bit of maintenance went. :)
Had a 07 Accord....super easy to change...
Thanks, good to hear. I'll put it on the maintenance list for the next trans drain and fill.

Every person on Honda forums that has changed theirs said they felt like they wasted their time and money. These folks were good about doing routine fluid drains too, and you have done this too. They take the filters apart and said they were almost completely "clean".

Every person on Honda forums that has changed theirs said they felt like they wasted their time and money. These folks were good about doing routine fluid drains too, and you have done this too. They take the filters apart and said they were almost completely "clean".
Thats fine....I changed mine every 60000 miles on my 07 Accord...I did not feel I was wasting mt time...It is a very easy job and the filter is not much...

I’ve had one of those filters laying around since 2013 or so. It’s made two moves, too. I originally bought it for my wife’s 2007 CR-V but it got totaled.

I’m going to put it on my daughters 2008 CR-V the next chance I get.

I suspect some engineer talked accounting into putting this on vehicles around the time the company had spent the first $5M replacing /repairing transmissions in the early 2000’s

Remove the front plastic shield under the radiator. Should be easy to figure out then.
Thank you! I have some fresh DW-1 atf to go in. After the op made this thread, it got me to thinking about replacing the filter too. Can get oem ones for around $14.

I changed the filter after about 5 years on our 05 accord. Then again about 6-7 years later. It’s easy. I probably won’t bother doing it again in this cars life. I will still drain and fill the trans every couple years.

Back