2006 Toyo x-case and differential seepage

Just did the gear oil change on Toyo with 240K miles with Redline 75W110 and noticed seepage where the shaft enters the differential and also over the x-case fins. More appears on the case vs differential, although not concerned since the seals are so old but in any event wanted to get y’all opinion if this is normal given the age of the seals. Never towed all these years although dragged tree branches for clearing a few times

We were supposed to buy a Rav4 but the dealership quoted 43K and a 8 mo wait for hybrid XLE. We dropped the idea and are exploring a Model3 for the same price point that can be bought within 3mo. These car companies have lost their minds to charge an entry level SUV the same price as a Model3z. Their lots have cars but they created this imaginary wait times and price points.

Just did the gear oil change on Toyo with 240K miles with Redline 75W110 and noticed seepage where the shaft enters the differential and also over the x-case fins. More appears on the case vs differential, although not concerned since the seals are so old but in any event wanted to get y’all opinion if this is normal given the age of the seals. Never towed all these years although dragged tree branches for clearing a few times
If it's so bad that it's slinging gear oil everywhere or you're loosing level, I'd worry about it. What you're describing sounds normal for vehicle this age/mileage. Sounds like you've been taking care of it well.

If it's so bad that it's slinging gear oil everywhere or you're loosing level, I'd worry about it. What you're describing sounds normal for vehicle this age/mileage. Sounds like you've been taking care of it well.

Yes did take care off them quite well (change them with exotic fluids and don't get under for 100K miles). Amsoil/RL which ever is available readily. Well you are a Buffalo, NY native, nice, did my MSEE @ UB back in 99 - I was there few years ago for a reunion and the town hasn't changed a bit.

Reactions: JTK
Back