2006 Honda CR-V, 4 cyl, AWD?

Any known major issues with the 2006 4 cylinder AWD automatic variant? There’s one with 113k my brother is considering and I told him I would ask the experts about It.

It is a great platform that will run a long, long time. Be sure to change the Dual Pump fluid in the rear differential every ~50,000 miles and drain and refill (not flush) the ATF with Honda DW-1 fluid every 30,000 miles for long life. The rubber compliance bushings in the lower control arms and the door lock actuators are weak points, but not expensive or too difficult to replace. Other potential issues are a leaking gasket or clogged screen on the VTEC spool valve and some have overly sensitive OEM knock sensors that may falsely trigger a P0325 CEL warning code. Most CRVs of this generation will go over 300,000 miles with routine maintenance unless in the rust belt. The K24 motor has a timing chain that should not require replacement.

Last edited:
I have no love for ours, but I seem the odd man out. I find stuff hard to work on, serpentine, pcv, alt, and dpool valve… I’m sure others will say they are pieces of cake compared to ____ but I found them hard. Oil filter too.

Sure ain’t a car in terms of ride quality.

But they seem liked, parts are out there, garages can work on them. As much as I dislike, at the right price I would snap one up.

Oh, check on ac, not sure if this in the bad ac years. May just be expected at this age on anything though.

Back