2006 Honda Accord Tires - Cheap recomendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of all those I would go with the Milestar, Douglas or the Ohtsus. The Milestar seems to be one of the better Chineseium tires out there, even the local Lexus dealer here is using them as their "cheap" tire option. Douglas has easy availability at Walmart(and it's a Goodyear brand if that matters).

Ohtsu is part of Sumitomo Rubber, a level below Falken - I would also consider the Sumitomo HTR P02 A/S P02. Sumitomo does have plants in Vietnam, Thailand and China and they do have OEM status with Toyota, Honda, Nissan and Subaru via Dunlop or Falken.

The Kumhos aren't bad either - I would also look into Laufenn, Hankook's value line.

I see lots of Westlakes and Radars as well, i'm leery of cheaper Chinese tires, but Radar has been making a national push via Sears lately and I think America's Tire carries Westlake as their cheaper option.

Thanks Voleak for the recommendations. I looked at the Walmart site but didn't see those deals, we have the CS5's on our Sienna and have been happy with them and I have the RT43's on my Subie. Wasn't aware of the new Cooper Evolutions, but it hits our sub $60 price point so I am thinking that is a winner.

Hopefully we don't notice much of a difference stepping down to a H speed rated tire. I doubt it as the car has almost 140,000 miles on it.

I would check if Nexen makes a tire in that size. Nexen is made in South Korea, and is a very well made tire for the money. I have been using the truck tires for 8 years, 4 sets, great tires for the money. I did recently buy some Nexen's for my Acura TL type S 215/50/17 and they are doing great. I have tried Douglas, I will never buy them again.

Last edited:
Forum members on here would recommend Cheerios over Chinese tires even if it's a sound Chinese brand.....like MileStar.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CKN
Forum members on here would recommend Cheerios over Chinese tires even if it's a sound Chinese brand.....like MileStar.

By all means, if the Cheerio comes in your size and specs, go for it, after all they are made in America. LOL

In all seriousness, Milestars are typically well reviewed around the web. In fact, if the OP lives in an area that gets snow, than maybe the Milestar Weatherguard AW365 might be a good option, https://www.walmart.com/ip/205-60R16-96H-XL-BW-MILESTAR-WEATHERGUARD-AW365/395599115

Ended up getting 4 Cooper Evolutions mounted yesterday, they were a great deal at $118.22 a pair. Just need to get the car to an alignment shop, but already noticed a big difference compared to the old noisy Dunlop's that were on the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back