2006 chrysler 300 3.5 limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this chrysler 300 when I drive over bumps at a slow speed I can hear a clunking noise coming from the drivers side front end. I go under and rotate the outer tie rod end and I can hear a click or noise when I move it. When I checked the passenger side and rotate it there is no noise the car has 82k on it. Couls the drivers side outer tie rod end be bad?

Have someone rock the steering wheel back and forth while you monitor the tie rod end. Put your hand on there (carefully) and see if you feel its motion independent of the steering knuckle.

Yes I have heard that before and the car had a tie rod end replaced before, I am not sure which one, but the drivers side is making a noise when I twist it. I was going to replace it with a MOOG tie rod part.

Please Help I just checked the passenger side took wheel 9 an 3 position wiggle and there is a noise not loud, but if I take the drivers side and do the same thing no noise at all. Also I think that the passenger side is bad I see small loose chunks in the tire tread to the right side of the middle of the tire. One side was replaced when my wife drove the car, the passenger side has the baking plate banged. Any replies Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back