2006 Accord: maintenance schedule a secret

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vilan,

Do you use the thick synthetic air, or the thin synthetic air. Here in the mountains, only thin air is availble. - that explains some things. And, I don't think that its really synthetic...

offtopic.gif

Brad;
To close the loop on this...my recently arrived (yes!) 2006 Civic service manual shows that technicians can reset individual maintenance items using the HDS - Honda Diagnostic System. So if you did things early you could theoretically let the car know that you did it!

Cool - thanks, Matt.

My service manual should be arriving soon, and presumably there is a similar provision on Accords.

We only have about 600 miles on it so far, so I don't expect anything to pop up soon. I've got time to think about things.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by brad_d:
Cool - thanks, Matt.

My service manual should be arriving soon, and presumably there is a similar provision on Accords.

We only have about 600 miles on it so far, so I don't expect anything to pop up soon. I've got time to think about things.
smile.gif

Be careful, you know what can happen when you have 'too much' time to think about these things
smile.gif

BTW, I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the quality of the service manual...the line drawings are much better than my Chevy manual's were.

Actually there is a servicible auto trans filter on both the v-6 and 4 cylinder Honda auto transmissions. It's in the parts book. At least there is for the 04 models.

Why be hung up on mileage? 1000 miles of easy highway travel is nothing like 1000 miles of mountain driving. Nothing like 1000 miles of Phoenix summer commute. Nothing like 1000 miles of Minneapolis winter commute. Nothing like my mother-in-law driving a mile or two daily.

Use the monitor.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back