2005 Silverado stumbling on accelaration, run lean

Status
Not open for further replies.
The in-tank filter supposedly has five times the capacity of a normal filter, hence it will last five times as long. It is also self-cleaning to an extent, when the suction is stopped some of the dirt falls away from the filter and back into the tank.

I would have preferred a serviceable fuel filter. I plan on adding a 2 micron filter in the engine compartment.

Often with a returnless system the fuel pressure regulator is also a fuel filter.
I agree though all vehicles should have an external serviceable fuel filter.

ok, got the fuel pump assemble in, and drives great, but the fuel gauge is stuck on empty. Took it back apart compared old to new. The new fuel level float had a longer arm than the old, easy fix just switched them. I did a dry test to see if the new fuel level float worked, and it did. Had my son move it up and down with the ignition on. \
Put it in and it is stuck on empty. I know there is about 7 gallons of gas in there. Going to try to add 5 more tomarrow to see if it works. otherwise I get to take that [censored] tank off again

NEW PROBLEM
Runs great, but now the air conditioning is screwed up. Don't ask me how. Worked great yeaterday. The passenger side works and gets cold. But the driverside and middle airvents are hot.
I looked for a fuse and didn't find anything.
Any ideas what could have gone wrong?

Digital display, found these directions on another site and it worked.
Turn on ignition and ac
wait for it to cycle from defrost to front pannel.
When it is on the panel turn off key. Don't let it cycle to floor.
Then turn back on.

Everything worked after that, but the gas gauge still doesn't work. Guess I get to crawl back under tomorrow. Might just take the box off and do some cleaning and rust repair. That salt here in Mn has done a pretty good job under there.

Originally Posted By: rmattingley
Might just take the box off and do some cleaning and rust repair. That salt here in Mn has done a pretty good job under there.

We use a lot of salt in Toronto and my truck is only one year younger than yours and, so far, there is very little corrosion on my truck. You probably drive a lot.

Did you get a Delco/Delphi fuel module or was it aftermarket?

I didn't think there was much corrosion either, till I pulled the tank. anywhere that the salt and snow can trap, there is rust. Nothing compared to a vehicle 10+ years older, but still enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back