2005 Civic Horn Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems I have had this car forever and all of that time I have wanted to replace the wimpy horn. I am not much of a mechanic but do change the oil on my two cars as well as my two kids cars. I have tried to find something online but it is for newer Civics. I know that I have to take the entire front bumper off in order to get at the horn. I would like to get either a used accord horn or a louder Fiamm horn. If I get the Fiamm how do I wire this? Is it just a one wire connection with the bracket being a ground? Can I add a second horn without adding a new fuse? If I get an Accord horn, what year should I be looking for? Lots of questions, thanks for your help.

I think Hella sells some really good and loud ones.

Youll want to check wiring. A friend had a toyota matrix, where the wiring was so poor that it couldnt hold tone when kept on for more than a second.

Most horn videos are worthless because of the auto mic level adjustment. I had a Wolo Bad Boy horn on a WRX. I initially hooked it up without using the relay and it wasn't that loud. I than hooked it up using the relay and it
was much louder. It had a very nice sound. https://www.amazon.ca/Wolo-Model-419-Black-Design/dp/B000F5DQWY/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=bad%2Bboy%2Bhorn&qid=1581976019&sr=8-1&th=1

Get you some Hadley air horns. I put them in my parents cars back in the day. 72 Dart, 75 Cutlass, 81 Aries, 81 Charger 024. It was a blast using the horn on unsuspecting cars, literally.

I replaced the horn in my 2010 Civic with a set from a 2007 Honda Odyssey. The odyssey, along with the accord, have dual horns that really improve the sound. Just spliced in another connector for the second horn.

20170122_124628.jpg

20170122_124733.jpg

Accord and Odyssey horns look like a good bet! Especially the OEM connectors.

Another good bet for louder horns? Go to the pick-n-pull and get a set of quad GM horns from the late 80's/early 90's. A, C, D, F notes. They're mostly a single wire hookup, and ground through the bracket.

Here's a decent video comparison, again keep in mind the mic limitations. I had these in my last Caddy (I installed them) and they are TREMENDOUS!

Fiamm dual Horn/2 Tone (Hi-Low). Sells for $30.00 or less. You will never regret it.

I replaced mine on 16 CRV with 16 Accord dual horn; the sound totally improved; I just needed to do a swap; however, the accord horn was much thicker in its size than the CRV original ones so I had hard time to make room for the new pair; in the end, it worked out well

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back